Tyan S7067WGM2NR w/ Heatsinks (SAS 2308 onboard, with 10gbe) - $50/bo + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

strelec

Jul 19, 2013
Does anyone know how to reset the BMC (MegaRAC) password on this board?
Default user/password (user:superuser) not work...

grhmstwrt

Jan 8, 2018
Does anyone know how to reset the BMC (MegaRAC) password on this board?
Default user/password (user:superuser) not work...

On the boards I got, the default admin pass had been changed to something I didn't know.

The procedure for resetting it is nearly identical to supermicro - you can even use supermicro ipmitool

Cuong's Technical Notes: Supermicro Server: Reset the IPMI Password

The only difference was the admin user id was 4.

I have not however been successful at updating the bmc firmware or getting ikvm working properly. If anyone has any tips on that, it would be great.

kapone

May 23, 2015
On the ones I started playing with, username = root, password = superuser worked, which according to the AST2050 manual, is the default.

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
I have not however been successful at updating the bmc firmware or getting ikvm working properly. If anyone has any tips on that, it would be great.

I'm providing this information on a "use at your own risk" basis.

The board that I received contained custom BIOS and BMC firmware. It seemed that the BIOS was setup to only allow PXE boot and I couldn't get it to boot from a USB device.
I called Tyan and discussed with their tech support team about flashing with "standard" supported firmware. Advice from tech support was that they can't offer support for ODM boards, but usually they are depopulated boards to reduce cost rather than completely redesigned boards.

So I chanced flashing with the "standard" images found on the downloads page.

Note that the BMC zip file only contains an image file. I seem to remember I was unable to update the firmware from the BMC itself, and I had to use a DOS utility (socflash.exe) to flash.

I have a USB stick that I use for all my BIOS & BMC flashes, and it looks as if the commands used were as follows:
Code:
afudos 7067V101.ROM /p /b /n /me /reboot
Code:
socflash if=70670101.ima
Good luck !

Reactions: strelec

strelec

Jul 19, 2013
My board also have custom BIOS/BMC FW:
S7067-BIOS-ODM.png
And I was able to boot into Ubuntu in BIOS and EFI modes.
Then I successfully flashed board with "standard" images:
S7067-BIOS-RETAIL.png

My main problem now: an outdated BMC firmware with an unsupported TLS version. Looking for a solution...