Tyan S7067WGM2NR w/ Heatsinks (SAS 2308 onboard, with 10gbe) - $50/bo + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
If the features suit your needs I think it's a great deal, especially for a 1U server. 1 integrated SFP+ NIC and only one PCIe slot will make me pass though.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Yeah, that's a bit of a bummer, but in general, with SAS 2308 and 10gbe onboard, there's very little that needs to be added, generally speaking. 2308 based HBAs go for ~$20/ea and so do Mellanox ConnextX-3s. That's $40 just for these. And the heatsinks are probably $10 each. The motherboard is FREE!! :D. Just kidding. But, it uses standard PSUs, has IPMI, and no funky connectors.

I did buy a few to play around with.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
The main thing I don't like about the deal is that the chassis isn't included. Seems like you'd want it in most cases. Maybe good for someone with open air miners, but I'm planning on colocation in the near future.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
The motherboard is EATX, so there should be no shortage of chassis to put it in including the ever popular Supermicro lineup.

Reactions: StammesOpfer

grhmstwrt

Jan 8, 2018
Fantastic deal for me, since I've been looking for something like this (Good quality/non quanta LGA2011 serverboard) for under $150 for several weeks now. The documentation suggests that the RJ45 port does double duty as ipmi and a regular port. I can always stick an intel nic in the 1 slot if needed.

Ordered 3 of them at the buy it now price as I have the processors and cases to fit.

dtrv

Nov 23, 2016
The board layout differs from the linked manual/specs sheets. It has only one SFP+ ... On the vendor website http://tyan.com/Motherboards_S7067_S7067GM2NR-1T(BTO) there is only one board mentioned with 1 SFP+ (search for "635872034619"). Further it's written "6x SATA" in the upper table ... but the description below says "(2) 10GbE SFP+ + (1) GbE RJ45 shared with IPMI" (in section LAN) and "(1) 10GbE port" (in section Input/Output).
Also the description for "-1T" doesn't say anything about SAS. One can see three SFF-8087 and two SATA cables connected. Makes 14 devices in total ... If it's a chassis with 10 hot-swaps at the front than SAS and SATA would be mixed ... which I think is unusual in server farms.

So maybe there is no SAS onboard or this boards are custom builds. The seller did only link to the (wrong?) description of the board ... please report, what you get.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Nice find! But... as i can see, this board is S7067GM2NR and have one 10G Eth and SATA-only storage ports...
While you're right that the only listed model with one 10gb port has no SAS, this appears like it may be a custom board. There's no guarantee, but here are some reasons to think it might:

- The 1 10gb port model of the board can be seen on ebay in this listing TYAN S7067 S7067GM2NR-1T-B-SYN Server Motherboard | eBay. It's clear that the SAS ports are actually removed and so are the controller and heatsink.
- The SAS address label potion of the board has a sticker on it
- The board in the listing OP linked is clearly in use and has all the ports plugged in.

Based on that if I had to bet I'd say custom board with SAS controller and 1 NIC. Worst case the listing is confusing enough to get a refund.

kapone

May 23, 2015
The board layout differs from the linked manual/specs sheets. It has only one SFP+ ... On the vendor website http://tyan.com/Motherboards_S7067_S7067GM2NR-1T(BTO) there is only one board mentioned with 1 SFP+ (search for "635872034619"). Further it's written "6x SATA" in the upper table ... but the description below says "(2) 10GbE SFP+ + (1) GbE RJ45 shared with IPMI" (in section LAN) and "(1) 10GbE port" (in section Input/Output).
Also the description for "-1T" doesn't say anything about SAS. One can see three SFF-8087 and two SATA cables connected. Makes 14 devices in total ... If it's a chassis with 10 hot-swaps at the front than SAS and SATA would be mixed ... which I think is unusual in server farms.

So maybe there is no SAS onboard or this boards are custom builds. The seller did only link to the (wrong?) description of the board ... please report, what you get.
If you read the motherboard manual, there's one SFF-8087 connector onboard for 4x "SATA" 3gbps from the SCU and 2x SATA (blue) at 6gbps.

If there's two additional SFF-8087 ports onboard (and this one has them), they are from the SAS2308 onboard.

This is the "1T" SKU, I believe, which has only a single 10gbe port. The pictures on Tyan's website just don't show this particular SKU.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Same here!

The real question is who here bought 15 of them. Had to be someone from STH.
Wonder if they plan on using them or reselling. Will be interesting to see what crops up on ebay over the next few days-weeks.