Tyan S5512WGM2NR: No m1015 WebBIOS?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lippy

Jun 29, 2011
Midwest
Tyan S5512WGM2NR: No m1015 WebBIOS? - SOLVED

As stated, Tyan S5512WGM2NR with the IBM m1015 card (new MB; fleabay card; I’ve got 4; tried all 4). When booting, I get into the LSI MegaRAID BIOS screen and press Ctrl-H for the WebBIOS. Quickly, a line appears “WebBIOS will be executed after POST completesâ€; the American Megatrends post screen is displayed; then a blank screen with a flashing cursor. I’ve left it like that for 15 minutes without it going any further, before I recycle the server.

The attached drives are being recognized by WHS v1 without a problem (passthrough).

Recommendations?

While I did not find any help in IBM's documentation; I found this in LSI’s manual:
NOTE: On systems that do not have the PS2 port, you must enable 'port 60/64
emulation' in the System BIOS to emulate USB as PS2. When this option is disabled on
this system, WebBIOS does not work.
This MB does not have a PS2 port; and I can’t find a setting in the MB BIOS that resembles this.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Lippy

Last edited:

lippy

Jun 29, 2011
Midwest
It’s been a long evening…but I digress,

The fix in my situation is a BIOS upgrade to the motherboard. Please see the fixes for v.1.03:

- Fixed a LSI 9240-4i and 9280-8e RAID Card hang at POST issue
- Added support for 3TB UEFI boot device
- Added display device information during POST screen display
- Added support for Endless boot option
- Update CPU micro code
- Fixed a LAN PXE hang issue when both LAN’s are connected
- Modify memory display string from "Memory Slot0" to "Memory DIMMA0"
- Added 3TB SATA RAID support
- Fixed an Adaptec 2405, 5405 and 6405 RAID card hang at POST issue
I don’t go willingly into a BIOS flash, but as the LSI 9240-4i is the brother (or sister?) to the LSI 9240-8i (and my IBM m1015), I went there with a hope…

And it cost me the RAID 1 mirror of WHS v1 during the flash, but I didn’t have any data on it yet, so there is a bright-side. Better now then later.

Thanks to ALL of the posters who I’ve learned so much from.

Lippy

tim9999

Oct 18, 2011
Canada
BIOS Flash on TYAN

Good to hear it works...I am about to flash to v1.03 as well... and all the disclaimers at the TYAN site are a bit disconcerting...to paraphrase: "your on your own, if anything goes wrong during the Flash procedure" :confused:. I am setting up the S5512GM4NR for virtualization.