Two Supermicro servers can't boot from USB or dvd [SOLVED]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joela

Sep 21, 2022
We got two Supermicro servers that can't boot from USB flash drive (stick), nor DVD. I can se the ring of dots rotateting a few laps then when you supposed to se the windows installation interface, the screen goes black. In my machine is the x9dai motherboard and the other Wich is a couple of years newer I have to check. I have used USB3 boot disks created with a windows own tool. But also tried a couple of USB boot discs using Rufus. I had saved the untouched original windows installation on the old SSD as backup, while pulling it out and replacing it with a new. But after four days of struggle I gave up and put in my old ssd and, went on doing a clean install from windows.But as soon as windows rebooted, it got the same problem of getting a black screen where the windows installation should start. Maby the windows installation is still active but the display stopped showing it. Can I upload a 12 second video on how it looks?12s showing the problem

Joela

Sep 21, 2022
I found the problem wich could be fixed by disable the ”above 4g decoding”.
But I ran into another problem with the internal raids drivers. The newest drivers on supermicros site for the x9dai motherboard is for win 8. I have runned win 10 since it came out with no raid problems. But now i cant install it. I looked at intels site since its a intel 602 chipset on the motherboards raid controler. But its hard to find the right one.

This is the motherboard.

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
if you use 32bit windows above 4G enabled can be the issue, install 64bit OSs.

Joela

Sep 21, 2022
if you use 32bit windows above 4G enabled can be the issue, install 64bit OSs.
Thanks for joining the conversation. I have win 10 pro 64bit os. But the original problem is solved. Perhaps I should make a new thread.

How do you mark the thread as solved?