Trusted Sources - Mellanox ConnectX-3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
I'm looking for a source for Mellanox 3 (pref. the MCX311A) cards - every source I find on Ebay seems to have the same set of images and text for the MCX311A cards; I've had two failures (one never detected, the other connects but doesn't pass traffic) so I'm left wondering if the cards are potentially seconds or returns (or worse).

If someone has a non-Ebay source for these I'd like to know of them if possible ...

Reactions: Samir

weust

Aug 15, 2014
The ones I've bought on ebay came from China, so pulls from old servers.
Got three and they work fine so far.

weust

Aug 15, 2014
Thanks for the kimbrer site. Got myself a dual port Connect-X 3. Kinda expensive, but at least it's Dell branded for in my R230.
One thing to note is they normally only sell to companies, but I was offered 25% VAT (prices on the site are non-VAT anyway) and ships from Denmark.
So with UPS I should have it here on Tuesday (would be Monday if The Netherlands didn't have a Whit Monday).

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I don't think they are that expensive - I paid 105 EUR including VAT for 2x ConnectX-3 PRO (HP 544SFP+) - including shipping.

That is an okay price in my opinion.

Reactions: Samir and gb00s

weust

Aug 15, 2014
I paid 107,50 Euro which included 10 Euro UPS shipping.
It was 76 Euro without the 25% tax.

The ones I bought on ebay were in totall (including shipping) about 75 Euro iirc. And single port.
Afaik Dell does not rebrand single port cards for networking.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've had two failures (one never detected, the other connects but doesn't pass traffic) so I'm left wondering if the cards are potentially seconds or returns (or worse).
I would go with fakes since this sounds similar to the issues in the thread on Intel fakes that brought me here. Get ebay to give you your money back for the fake sh...

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
David, I am showing 7 units in stock- These are used. Here is the model MCX311A-XCAT. I can offer free shipping and a 1 year warranty. I do see some of my other dealers have these new. What kind of quantity are you looking for? (FYI- we are the secondary IT market so I see a ton of equipment offered everyday) We have a 20,000 sq ft warehouse and have been in business for 25 years. Chris Blackburn NWR Inc. Salem OR.
would be ok with sending me or posting some contact info?

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
I'm only looking for 3-4 - replace the flaky one and add a pair to the lab NAS. It's not a production/commercial environment by any means, hence the choice of AUD50 second hand not AUD500 vendor new :). And while I don't mind if this turns into a "who has what interesting stuff" thread, @Patrick might...

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
I'm looking for a source for Mellanox 3 (pref. the MCX311A) cards - every source I find on Ebay seems to have the same set of images and text for the MCX311A cards; I've had two failures (one never detected, the other connects but doesn't pass traffic) so I'm left wondering if the cards are potentially seconds or returns (or worse).

If someone has a non-Ebay source for these I'd like to know of them if possible ...
I've had really good luck with HP branded CX3 cards that can be reflashed back to stock Mellanox firmware.
Search for (649281-B21,661685-001,656089-001) and you'll find them for under $30 all the time :)

Ingvarhost

Apr 12, 2012
Hello! Please advise a trusted seller Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX311A-XCAT on Ebay with worldwide shipping.