Trouble with ES Xeon

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
I mean I dont know what else to do. I've tired everything I know about, could it be voltages that are too high or low? The wrong RAM? The CPU? I'm so lost I have no idea how to make it work.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well if you have no one to trade parts with locally you will have to replace your parts one by one.

There are two main indications
- the error message pointing to RAM
- the fact that loading windows and then rebooting causes the problem

So eliminate those two things or gain additional information on them then you might hopefully be able to rule them out.
My last ES attempt involved CPU, Board , PowerSupply, Memory& case swap until in the end i found out that the target board was defective and the cpu was fine :p

Reactions: azaroth666

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
OK so I see a Kingston RAM that is on the Asus QVL list. (Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX421C14FB/8) it's out of stock on amazon but it's on the list. Would it be worth a shot?
Windows will instill till the first reboot. Is there maybe a way to install windows to the ssd and then drop it in the system?
This is why I'm thinking a Linux distro might not bmbe a bad idea, to see if it works In an OS.
Looking at the QVL the RAM shows up with CL15 not 16, and on the corsair website it said the 2400 MHz CL 14 only works. Has this become a RAM issue cause I didn't look at all the information?

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
@ram - O/c its worth a shot :)

And o/c you can install on anther computer and then move it over. You might need to supply additional drivers later and have a little non needed garbage on the drive but who cares;)

And trying linux should be easy enough;)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Looking at the QVL the RAM shows up with CL15 not 16, and on the corsair website it said the 2400 MHz CL 14 only works. Has this become a RAM issue cause I didn't look at all the information?
Can you link those?

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I am in VA. If you want to send me the proc I'd be happy to check it out. In fact, I have 2 of the same processor type, so I know they work in my system(s). I also have been testing/using with ECC RAM.

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
I am in VA. If you want to send me the proc I'd be happy to check it out. In fact, I have 2 of the same processor type, so I know they work in my system(s). I also have been testing/using with ECC RAM.
Thank you so much for the offer! I'm going to try those other ram kits and see if that solves the problem!

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
On the QVL list it seems like crucial has some ECC memory that fits the board, or am I reading it wrong?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
No, looks like all RDIMMS on that list are ECC modules.
I just recommended the Samsung b/c I use them with both my ES CPUs without issues.

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
Then Samsung it is! It's going to be a few days till I get back to everyone about this cause of shipping.

azaroth666

Nov 3, 2016
What is your zipcode?
I am in SF bayarea, and have MSI x99 and Asrock X99 board. couple of E5 v3, v4 ES chip.
Are you kidding?! I'm in the easy bay! How did I not find the forum sooner, this place is absolutely amazing with so many people that have such a well of information.