Trading history/Feedback system

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
Hello,

Ive been here a while now, and I have purchased a few things from sellers, however I have also had a few sellers quite reluctant to sell to me (partially due to my location I would assume) and also no way to verify my purchase history.

In the past I have asked sellers to provide feedback on HeatWare (which I signed up to after joining here to hopefully add some trust) but people who don't have it don't really want to sign up for something extra just for one persons benefit.

Is it possible to implement this as I like some of the bargains here, but people lack trust of people they dont know. (which is fair enough)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
There was a team doing a much more complete solution for XF that basically did not deliver. Happy to hear other thoughts.

The cost of purchasing an add on is minimal. Personally, adding this also means I end up getting reports and having to deal with people debating trader reviews. That is something we do not have staff/ budget for and I lack time for.

On the other hand, heatware recently got re-worked and they now have an API. When they have a XF addon that may be a solution to more tightly integrated with their platform.

Reactions: Aestr

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I agree with Patrick. The buy/sell reputation space is already fragmented and adding another system only serves to water it down further. Tight integration with heatware would provide a better overall picture a person's trading history and allow you to take positive transactions from this forum with you to others.

If you're having issues and have some history here try asking members you previously bought from to vouch for you. I've provided references for sellers I've worked with. One of the great things about this forum is that it still has a smaller more personal feel and people are usually willing to help each other out.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Yea apparently there is a site or two that have custom Heatware-XF integration. I am hoping someone releases a plug-in soon. I do not have the time/ expertise to build one from scratch via their API.

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia
Totally agree and understand, as I said it's only been a few times and I've been successful as well, I guess I was just trying to suggest a quick and lazy way to iron out an issue I'd had. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk