Trade for ram? or L5639? I have some stuff - HBA - NIC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
1. 1 QLOGIC QLE3142 NX3-20G dual without SR optics (basically works with any SR optic or DAC cable).

2. 1 Intel NetXen 10gbe nic with SR XFP . older XFP but that's not a problem since it comes with 10GBASE-SR optics - standard OM3 LC/LC ($1.25/meter) cabling.

3. 1 Broadcom Dell DUAL 10GBASE-T card - Works in non-dell computers but you have to tape/nail-polish over two pins same as PERC 5/i (google perc 5/i tape pins) - has to do with stupid dell smbus - works fine otherwise in HP desktop and server. It is a very nice card and dual 10GBASE-T.

4. 1 HP Broadcom DUAL 10gbe SFP+ card without optics - HP Product Bulletin - works fine - full height bracket.

5. 1 RK375 broadcom single port 10GBASE-T dell nic - works fine! has a little screamer fan to keep it cool! Full height bracket.

6. 2 QLogic 10GbE SFP+ PCIe QLE8152 8152 dual port SFP. Use SFP+ optics or DAC cables. Custom heatsink added to help cool it down - Works great in ESXi

7. SolarFlare SN6122F dual SFP+ - super awesome linux SR-IOV virtual function nic - openonload for super low latency userland injection (wall street trading), can present 2048 nic's to the o/s - 1024 per port - great for hosting ! Very high quality card - no optics, dac works fine. Note the 2048 vnic function is not supported in ESXi which is what I use primarily.

8. OEM Intel dual SFP+ (SILICOM) - uses standard intel drivers but is not sold by intel. Pretty much an intel 82599ES card. No optics but DAC cables work fine!

9. M5014 LSI card - have battery but no guarantee on condition. Also have it with the $265 "everything" option physical key. 100% LEGAL not a hacked key that you will lose if the card dies. Can move the key physically to a 5015 or 5014 lsi card too! I have one with and one without. or two without :)

I went through and tested everything, and decided for my needs, the most expensive (intel, and emulex) cards were the best, these guys work great but to be honest the little things like booting up to windows 7 and having to not load a driver is worth a lot to me. In the end I chose Emulex cards across the board and that left me with various parts that I may not need.

What I do need is: 8gb RDIMM ECC for HP or DELL matched in triplicate at least. L5639 (we know how cheap these guys are!), a desktop motherboard/cpu that is about 2x faster than the I5-2400 and 1000% stable, A connect-X 2 IB setup with cables to try out IB. Anything else fun!

I have more junk I'll post it as well.

Some stuff I'm considering selling/trading soon:
Two 2910al-24 switches with 4 10gbe SFP+ ports (lifetime warranty!) - high quality procurve and the latest generation SFP+ ports! Not the old carpy CX4 junk! 100% covered lifetime warranty!

2920 KIT:
TWO : 2920-24-POE+ switches with 4 10gbase-T ports (8 x 10gbase-T total on both switches). Ring ISL port (80gbps stacking virtual technology makes switches form one switch!)
TWO: 2920-48-POE+ switches with 3 10gbase-T ports and 1 10GBASE-SFP+ port (6 x 10gbase-T and 2 x SFP+ on both switches). Ring ISL Port (stacking).
Basically you turn it on and it forms a big mama 1 huge switch with 28,28,52,52 ports ! Lifetime warranty as this is 100% Legit HP gear. A ton of POE , a ton of 10gbase-T, 80gbps backplane in ring topology with virtual commander/standby design so the switch appears to be one huge switch. Trunking? No problem because its a huge switch you don't have to do any vlan trunking inside the stack. Really cool!

Keep in mind some things you buy off ebay are not sold by authorized HP and good luck with warranty, For these objects we are talking 100% Legit hp USA and that costs. But the 2920 kit - that's about $25K worth of gear retail and you'd be a nut to buy that much (or even pay half) without a lifetime warranty.

I've got plenty of servers :) Plenty of drives, but cash works too!

I'll even throw in a ZR30W on the side to the buyer of the switches! :)