TP-Link Switches on Amazon (1Gbps + 10Gbps models)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Amazon has the T2700G-28TQ for $160, which looks like a massive discount at Camel^3. It is not fanless & includes only 2x SFP+ ports. You can add 2 more SFP+ and unlock "advanced L3 routing features" for extra cost, but pricing says you should buy something else. On the positive side, it offers web & CLI management as well as dual boot images.
OMG that's an incredible price drop!! From $1220 to $161!!!

0 reviews has me thinking that Amazon hasn't sold a single one of these are maybe this is an inventory purge? I can't seem to find any history of this switch being sold on eBay either...

HorizonXP

May 23, 2016
Yeah, there isn't much on this switch. I want to know how to get to 4 SFP+ ports though.

My current setup is a H3C S5120-52C-PWR-EI with 4x SFP+ connections. I've maxed out the SFP+ connections with my pfSense router, FreeNAS box, desktop, and VMware box.

I need to add more SFP+ ports, and I should probably look at something like the LB6M. However, at $161, this price is hard to beat, even though I'll only gain 3 SFP+ ports.

OMG that's an incredible price drop!! From $1220 to $161!!!

0 reviews has me thinking that Amazon hasn't sold a single one of these are maybe this is an inventory purge? I can't seem to find any history of this switch being sold on eBay either...

AVD2359

Jan 27, 2017
Which is why you should get something else for 4x SFP+. FWIW, the L3 license is even sillier at $450+.

Seems to me that the competition for this is the Mikrotik CSS326 at $140ish. Other candidates?

Last edited:

Craash

Apr 7, 2017
You need to install the TP-Link TX432 10-Gigabit SFP+ Interface Card in the rear of the switch for the additional two SFP+ ports. The TX432 (new) seems to cost as much or more than the switch itself!
Thanks! At $220 for the TX432 the price is now above the 1700, plus it has that chatty fan. So, Unless the Layer 2 stuff is a huge need, the T1700G-28TQ still seems like the cat's meow.

Reactions: BLinux and Rain

SlickNetAaron

Apr 30, 2016
Amazon has the T2700G-28TQ for $160, which looks like a massive discount at Camel^3. It is not fanless & includes only 2x SFP+ ports. You can add 2 more SFP+ and unlock "advanced L3 routing features" for extra cost, but pricing says you should buy something else. On the positive side, it offers web & CLI management as well as dual boot images.
I got in at $160! Impulse buy, but if it has 4x SFP+ it's a no brainer!

Why does it look like it's got 6 SFP Porta on the right side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craash

Apr 7, 2017
[QUOTE=". . but if it has 4x SFP+ it's a no brainer . . . [/QUOTE]

Two late to cancel the order? It has 2 SFP+ . To add the additional 2, you have to purchase a $200+ add in card.

SlickNetAaron

Apr 30, 2016
[QUOTE=". . but if it has 4x SFP+ it's a no brainer . . .
Two late to cancel the order? It has 2 SFP+ . To add the additional 2, you have to purchase a $200+ add in card.[/QUOTE]

Gah... One digit off! Strikes dyslexia again. I may be able to cancel yet.

Bummer. Thought it was a slam dunk!

Last edited:

SlickNetAaron

Apr 30, 2016
2 x SFP+ (10G)
4 x SFP (1G)
Thanks Evan! The description and specs on Amazon did not make that clear. Found the confirmation on TP Link site.

Looks like I was able to cancel just in time! Oh well! Already made 2 impulse buys in the last week. Better stop before I get myself into trouble!

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
Two late to cancel the order? [B said:
It has 2 SFP+[/B] . To add the additional 2, you have to purchase a $200+ add in card.
woah. good thing i asked my woman to hold onto my wallet when i read this thread last night. 4x sfp+ was sooooo tempting.