Tower case for Supermicro E-ATX motherboard (12x13 inch)?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

trumee

Jan 31, 2016
Hello,

I have read that Supermicro E-ATX motherboards are not standard and holes dont line-up on the cases. Is there any non-supermicro tower chassis which will take E-ATX board (X10DRi-T) without drilling any holes in the chassis?

Thanks

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Not sure where you read that... no truth in my experience.
I have SuperMIcro boards in Fractal cases, Rosewill, Lian-Li, and others.
E3 v1/2, E3 v3, E5 v1/2, E5 v3, E5 v4.

trumee

Jan 31, 2016
I only have experience with Supermicro micro atx boards which fit fine. It seems that E-ATX boards are the ones which have an issue.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
IIRC, the issue exists with SuperMicro EE-ATX, not E-ATX, motherboards.

Actually, and also IIRC, the issue is that SuperMicro actually follows the standard correctly. Some E-ATX cases happen to have enough room to accept the larger motherboard but do not have EE-ATX hole spacing available.

If you are talking about E-ATX, ATX or smaller SM motherboards then most enthusiast cases should work. EE-ATX and proprietary sizes and YMMV.

Reactions: trumee

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I only have experience with Supermicro micro atx boards which fit fine. It seems that E-ATX boards are the ones which have an issue.
No problem with E-ATX in my experience.

Just make sure the case is large enough and it should work fine.

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I have the SM X10Dri-t myself. I fit it into the thermaltake urban t81 chassis by drilling 2-3 holes. Not a difficult task at all if you have the powertool and some basic skill.

Thermaltake - Urban T81

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I think I use 2.5mm drill bit. I am not professional on this. Just for your reference.

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
Check out the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. I use it with a server board (SSI EEB) but it also has the mounting holes for E-ATX which is the same size board. Between those two standards supported, it should have the right mounting holes.

Damian Höster

Feb 12, 2020
Most comments here make it sound like most E-ATX cases would support Supermicro E-ATX 12"x13" motherboards or that Supermicro E-ATX motherboards would follow the E-ATX standard, and that's just not the case. Here is a list of all Supermicro E-ATX compatible cases I've come across so far (various Supermicro E-ATX cases aside):

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Phanteks Enthoo 719
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Some(!) Chenbro SR107 cases also support Supermicro E-ATX motherboards

Last edited: