Toshiba 800GB SSDs - Some more on the market

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I do now wish I snagged more at the price. Have you been able to benchmark them at all? These prices are S3500 levels but the performance/ endurance is way better.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
I do now wish I snagged more at the price. Have you been able to benchmark them at all? These prices are S3500 levels but the performance/ endurance is way better.
I don't plan to benchmark them - no time. I shoved them into the HP MSA2040 and I'm soak testing now. Once tested, the whole pile of gear is off to Equinix DC2 with an Amazon AWS direct connection. I only need ~20K peak IOPS and ~100MB/s, which is trivial for four of these drives in RAID10.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I don't plan to benchmark them - no time. I shoved them into the HP MSA2040 and I'm soak testing now. Once tested, the whole pile of gear is off to Equinix DC2 with an Amazon AWS direct connection. I only need ~20K peak IOPS and ~100MB/s, which is trivial for four of these drives in RAID10.
I need to get mine on a similar trajectory. I have that Intel server which is acting up... will not hold an OS. When it finally does though... will be an awesome server to send to the DC in Vegas.