Toshiba 800GB eMLC SAS 3 drive $389!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
That is HOT! Nice find. I hope someone gets this.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
And now it's mine! ... for $389. Thanks MiniKnight!
Gents, the seller has them also for sale with BO. Bid about 6 hrs ago . Took a gamble on a low ball offer, may have to go back for another, not sure of use yet, but too good pass up in terms of GB/buckeroo..;) 250USD
One any of the good deals / seller, always look to see what else they have for sale, as they sometimes have the same thing for sale at different amounts and or BO / auctions....

Last edited:

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
We are taking a risk that these drives are any good. Toshiba makes NAND and 800GB for these prices isn't bad. I'm sure they are at least as good as some of the cheap sata drives around the same pricing.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hmm... in for 2. Giving a like because that is a nice deal on a larger capacity drive.

Cheddoleum

Feb 19, 2014
Tweaktown has a writeup on them: WORLD EXCLUSIVE - Toshiba PX02SM Series 12Gb/s Enterprise SSD Review - Final Thoughts Link goes to the final summary page.

Judging by what you can find around the web, those were "fell off a truck" prices: I'm seeing them in the $3K range. That sometimes means they're NOS and there's gouging for the remaining stock because of businesses that are invested in them, but I don't think so here. One comment from a year ago (another review, Toshiba PX02SMF020 (6G) SAS 200GB Enterprise SSD Review - Conclusions | Myce.com says that the mere 200GB model was selling for $768. So you have to wonder what his story is.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
Truth is I purchased the last 9 drives, but jumped the gun a bit, the deal I was working on that would have freed me up to pay for it fell through hard. So good news, there will be 9 more drives going back up. Sorry folks! Can't wait to see the bench marks on these bad boys!

Hank C

Jun 16, 2014
i want to get it but i don't have have the backplane for it.. or whatever it need

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Truth is I purchased the last 9 drives, but jumped the gun a bit, the deal I was working on that would have freed me up to pay for it fell through hard. So good news, there will be 9 more drives going back up. Sorry folks! Can't wait to see the bench marks on these bad boys!
Thanks for the update, though sorry to hear that you weren't able to snag them. I'll bid again to see if I can pick up three more to make a set.