Toshiba 2TB PA4292E-1HL0 (5K3000) £69 delivered

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Bought a few of these earlier, applicable for those in the UK/EU only though I guess?

TOSHIBA DT Desktop Series - 2 TB (PA4292E-1HL0) | Pixmania UK

Seem to be a boxed retail part number with 2 year warranty. I was stripping out Touro/Canvio drives but you lose the warranty.

Seems to be around pre-flood price now!

My shipping dropped to less as I ordered a few, they also have the 3TB version, but not sure if the price is competitive or not.

Great to see these drives are out on the market again :)

white-hot

Jan 8, 2013
Too bad these are still not available here in the US. I have been using the 3TB version for a couple months and am very happy with them (also out of canvio externals). Only 7200RPM bare drive version available here though and I really don't need the extra power usage or heat for a simple media server.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Too bad these are still not available here in the US. I have been using the 3TB version for a couple months and am very happy with them (also out of canvio externals). Only 7200RPM bare drive version available here though and I really don't need the extra power usage or heat for a simple media server.
Hopefully they will release them in the US, maybe some pressure should be put on Toshiba. As WD/Hitachi/Toshiba are missing a trick here, these would sell like hotcakes.

I was gutted when the 5K3000 became unavailable, the reason we can get them in the UK is because they are exclusive to the DSG Retail group, not sure if they have stores in the US though.