Topton N6005 4x 2.5GB B3 - lost video after BIOS update

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Michele73

Oct 2, 2022
Thanks! I bought it on Amazon...
About the start/stop, I have an automation in HomeAssistant... the automation is quite easy:

climate:
- platform: generic_thermostat
name: Proxmox Fan Controller
heater: switch.sonoff_10013646a3_1
target_sensor: sensor.proxmox_cpu_temperature
min_temp: 30
max_temp: 100
ac_mode: true
target_temp: 70
cold_tolerance: 2
hot_tolerance: 2
min_cycle_duration:
seconds: 60
keep_alive:
minutes: 5
initial_hvac_mode: "cool"

The sensor.proxmox_cpu_temperature sensor is created with an entity like this:

- platform: command_line
name: "Proxmox CPU Temperature"
command: "ssh -i /config/id_rsa -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@xxxxxxxxx -t 'cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/temp1_input'"
unit_of_measurement: '°C'
scan_interval: 10
value_template: '{{ (value | multiply(0.001)) | round(1) }}'

you can also read the current CPU governor or other... if you run pfSense on the CW box you probably need to change the command you run on the box, but the method is still valid. :)

I played a lot with the interactions between the CW hardware and HomeAssistant... this is what I realized in the end, you can also change the governor from HA:

proxmox.png

Catalin

Sep 3, 2022
Wow. Impressive! I am not that advanced in Home Assistant but I will try it once I am done reconfigure it. Many thanks!

Reactions: Michele73

Catalin

Sep 3, 2022
Hi Michele. Merry Christmas! I havent done it yet, I was a bit reluctant after I messed it up :)). May I please double check with you the version you used?

Last edited:

kliguin

Nov 22, 2022
Thanks! I bought it on Amazon...
About the start/stop, I have an automation in HomeAssistant... the automation is quite easy:

climate:
- platform: generic_thermostat
name: Proxmox Fan Controller
heater: switch.sonoff_10013646a3_1
target_sensor: sensor.proxmox_cpu_temperature
min_temp: 30
max_temp: 100
ac_mode: true
target_temp: 70
cold_tolerance: 2
hot_tolerance: 2
min_cycle_duration:
seconds: 60
keep_alive:
minutes: 5
initial_hvac_mode: "cool"

The sensor.proxmox_cpu_temperature sensor is created with an entity like this:

- platform: command_line
name: "Proxmox CPU Temperature"
command: "ssh -i /config/id_rsa -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@xxxxxxxxx -t 'cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/temp1_input'"
unit_of_measurement: '°C'
scan_interval: 10
value_template: '{{ (value | multiply(0.001)) | round(1) }}'

you can also read the current CPU governor or other... if you run pfSense on the CW box you probably need to change the command you run on the box, but the method is still valid. :)

I played a lot with the interactions between the CW hardware and HomeAssistant... this is what I realized in the end, you can also change the governor from HA:

View attachment 24707
Hi Michele, are you able to share all of your HA / PVE yaml? Really interesting this output, thanks

GTBanna246

Apr 4, 2024
USA/Barbados
good! looks like mine :). See attached the correct bios. You need to format a usb stick with fat32 and put the content of this archive on it. First, remove the SSD drive so the pc will be forced to boot from USB stick. The content of the archive must be extracted into a EFI folder you can create manually (see the pictures). Insert the stick, let it beep once or twice and wait 2-3 minutes then press ONCE the "E" Key. See the second screen attached. Leave it for 10 minutes, remove the stick and reboot. Seems I cant send you here the BIOS (too large). See the link on my OneDrive:

Let me know :)
Hello, It's been a while since this thread was created.

I recently purchased a Topton fanless PC from eBay, the model I have is the MW-JSL2.5G-4LV10. I suspect the bios might be corrupt. When I power it on, it beeps 2 times then 4 times, and then 3 times again. the sequence is repeated twice and I can see that it is trying to read from the SSD. With the SSD removed, it tries to read from the flash drive with the bios files, but nothing happens. I suspect the files might not be in the right place or the device can't read from the flash drive.

So what I have tried. I went to the link in the thread that leads to the bios, drivers, and other files related to these products, I chose the bios files for my model with the MW-JSL2.5-4LV10. I downloaded both bios files (one is for VGA and the other is for without VGA (Just in case)). I followed the instructions and copied the files to a USB, plugged it in, and powered the device. It did the same beeps as before and tried to read from the USB but nothing happened. Side Note. I have both a VGA and HDMI cable connected just in case I do get a display on one and not the other.
  1. I did order an extra RAM module, just in case this one is faulty, which I doubt. The RAM looks like an original from the manufacturer
  2. I also bought some thermapaste to replace the one there, but the one there seems good.
  3. I also bought a 4-pin CPU fan and I have it connected, Just in case it was a sense issue, since it is fanless, that's not the problem.
I could use some help, any advice anyone can give to help me resolve this would be grateful

mubs

Nov 24, 2019
Hello, It's been a while since this thread was created.

I recently purchased a Topton fanless PC from eBay, the model I have is the MW-JSL2.5G-4LV10. I suspect the bios might be corrupt. When I power it on, it beeps 2 times then 4 times, and then 3 times again. the sequence is repeated twice and I can see that it is trying to read from the SSD. With the SSD removed, it tries to read from the flash drive with the bios files, but nothing happens. I suspect the files might not be in the right place or the device can't read from the flash drive.

So what I have tried. I went to the link in the thread that leads to the bios, drivers, and other files related to these products, I chose the bios files for my model with the MW-JSL2.5-4LV10. I downloaded both bios files (one is for VGA and the other is for without VGA (Just in case)). I followed the instructions and copied the files to a USB, plugged it in, and powered the device. It did the same beeps as before and tried to read from the USB but nothing happened. Side Note. I have both a VGA and HDMI cable connected just in case I do get a display on one and not the other.
  1. I did order an extra RAM module, just in case this one is faulty, which I doubt. The RAM looks like an original from the manufacturer
  2. I also bought some thermapaste to replace the one there, but the one there seems good.
  3. I also bought a 4-pin CPU fan and I have it connected, Just in case it was a sense issue, since it is fanless, that's not the problem.
I could use some help, any advice anyone can give to help me resolve this would be grateful
Other than try with different sticks of ram I don't have another suggestion.

GTBanna246

Apr 4, 2024
USA/Barbados
Hello, So I tried other sticks of RAM, and that didn't change the problem. I suspect the RAM is not the problem. I suspect the BIOS needs flashing (reinstallation of the BIOS) but I don't know how to do it.