Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kliguin

Nov 22, 2022
Hi I'm wondering guys, how much memory does the topton N5105 and N6005 unit support?

Intel datasheet says 16G
Same processor says 64G
CCWK 32G

Could anyone clarify this? (then I can decide to approve my blackfriday order)

Reactions: n00b

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Uhhhh but why its so shady documented ;-) (which modules do you use for RAM?)
Some old Samsung m471a4g43mb1-ctd that I had hanging around from an Intel NUC that also wasn't expected to run as high as 64GB.

sqrwv

Oct 8, 2022
@sqrwv that BIOS unlock trick is pretty cool. It looks like you should be able to undervolt the actual CPU core and other rails. Just to experiment, I reduced VCCIO from 1.1 to 1V, and put a 50mV negative offset on all the other rails I could find. No issues yet, but I really need to put Windows back on it so I can stress test the different settings.

Even appears that there's an override to increase the max CPU multiplier, but I haven't tried that yet. You can also overclock memory above 2933MHz.There's more settings than most high end overclocking motherboards.
I'm not sure if undervolt is possible, because of intel FIVR, but there are a ton of options, including a FIVR menu.
I still didn't had time to try the new bios options.
The ones I tried, I couldn't notice any significant difference.

ddutch206

Nov 10, 2022
For those running J6412 or J6413, a new bios has been released -> J6412/J6413-6L-I226(MINIPC-M12)BIOS更新时间:2022-11-3

J6412/J6413-6L-I226 (MINIPC-M12) BIOS update time: 2022-11-3
2022-11-23 01:46:22 74
brief introduction :J6412/J6413-6L-I226 BIOS update time: 2022-11-3
Supported platforms:Win/Linuxfile type :ZIP/ISO
Changelog:
① Repair the self-starting of the incoming call (you can also force the incoming call to start automatically by pressing the dial key ON OFF on the panel)
② Disabled by default (hard disk hibernation mode), BIOS----Chipset---PCH-IO Configuration --SATA configuration----SATA port 1 DevSlp is changed to Disable
After enabling this mode, some hard disks can be seen under BIOS and PE systems, but they cannot be seen in ESXI and need to be disabled before they can be displayed in ESXI
③ Modify the first boot item to U disk or mSATA

Reminder: Before updating, please confirm that the model of the barcode label on the motherboard is: LANJ6413T26LCW, LANJ6412T26LCW, do not update other versions.

Reactions: DarkHelmet and gig

T.Sharp

Oct 22, 2022
Where did you get the coupon? Link maybe? Thx.
The coupon is 15DEAL for $15 off $100, but it looks like it may be US only for black friday.

I'm not sure if undervolt is possible, because of intel FIVR, but there are a ton of options, including a FIVR menu.
I still didn't had time to try the new bios options.
The ones I tried, I couldn't notice any significant difference.
In the hidden overclocking menu, there appear to be controls for the actual Vcore and a few others like iGPU and secondary rails. It's separate from the FIVR settings as far as I can tell, but I don't think there's a way to monitor the true Vcore in HWinfo. It just reports the ~1.7V output from the VRM as Vcore. I ordered a second N5100 box to mess with, going to put Windows on it to get a better idea of how the settings affect power consumption.

sqrwv

Oct 8, 2022
Last edited:
Reactions: T.Sharp and rfox

vegatuxssj

Nov 25, 2022
Hi,
I am considering getting myself one of the CWWK Ryzen boxes after reading all of the posts and watched the videos. My plan would be to use it as a PVE, opnsense, pi hole (or similar), truenas and jellyfin host with a possibility to passthrough the GPU into a vm for playing something small on the TV. It seems the gpu passthrough has been successfully done (although no mention if rebooting the vm works).
I am just wondering what the import tax rate for Europe is that you had to pay (not the ones bought through amazon, of course). Getting through the EU tax rate system requires a degree in financial law.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
Hi,
I am considering getting myself one of the CWWK Ryzen boxes after reading all of the posts and watched the videos. My plan would be to use it as a PVE, opnsense, pi hole (or similar), truenas and jellyfin host with a possibility to passthrough the GPU into a vm for playing something small on the TV. It seems the gpu passthrough has been successfully done (although no mention if rebooting the vm works).
I am just wondering what the import tax rate for Europe is that you had to pay (not the ones bought through amazon, of course). Getting through the EU tax rate system requires a degree in financial law.
I'd like to hear and know more about iGPU passthrough on these Ryzen boxes. Anybody have had luck getting it to drive dual 4K monitor?

N5105 iGPU passthrough on Proxmox was a breeze and works wonderfully well. Apparently AMD is not as friendly and might require BIOS ROM.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
Hello All and Happy Thanksgiving!! Just got my Ryzen 5800U unit - waiting for memory upgrade for dual channel (32GB) - Makes a good impression so far . . . I did see the latest article and video from Patrick - I think I found a potential cable for that strange NVME connector on the motherboard - Just gotta find out where to get one . . .

View attachment 25740
View attachment 25741
Super interesting, where did you order the ribbon cable from?

Starbomba

May 6, 2020
After so many videos, i decided to jump the ship and buy one of these little monsters. I went with a N5105 with no storage and no RAM, because i have some leftover stuff here, however i am wondering how useful would be 32 GB on this machine. I do plan to have Proxmox and virtualize Pihole and OPNsense, maybe something more down the road but for now my plans are really modest. What else could i do with this machine that needs 32 GB RAM (2x16 GB sticks) as opposed to 16 GB (2x8 GB sticks)?

jawa78

Nov 6, 2022
I would avoid the topton store like the plague. Order Nov4 last minutes of order protection made a shipping label on Nov15 has not been delivered unit to the carrier. refuses to answer. Buyer beware

sqrwv

Oct 8, 2022
I would avoid the topton store like the plague. Order Nov4 last minutes of order protection made a shipping label on Nov15 has not been delivered unit to the carrier. refuses to answer. Buyer beware
My one time experience buying N5105 from topton here was good:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004508816806.html

Ordered 2022/11/01 using Aliexpress shipping, they shipped 4, it estimated delivery to be 27, but I received it 15 in Europe.
Tax was pre-paid, so no customs time.

This was much faster than my usual Aliexpress experience, so could be one time exception.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
Actually, I'm still trying to find out where I can buy one! The person from Loksing sent me that photo and said they are working on offering some sort of solution but not ready yet ?!? :rolleyes:
That makes sense because when I asked Topton guys, they were not aware on any such cable and even went ahead to claim there are only two M.2, which is clearly incorrect.

Talking about Totpon, I hear may people have had bad luck with them. But speaking from my personal experience having ordered from them twice, they delivered on time so guess I really can't complain at all, at least not yet.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
So all this talk about the topton ssd choice being poor quality has me worried. How easy is to replace with a name brand ssd? I already have opnsense installed and tweaked a bunch. Can I transfer my existing drive to new one? Which ssd would be recommend ?

I have the topton j6413 6 port.

High-end SSDs are on BF sale and super cheap, so I won't bother using cheap SSDs that comes pre-packaged.

Switching to new SSD is a cakewalk and can always use Clonezilla to clone old SSD on to a new one as long as it is of same size or larger.

Reactions: DarkHelmet