Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wifi75

Oct 5, 2022
get at least N5105. 5005 not worth it

As you can see if you read carefully there are plenty that went the barebone pfsense/opnsens, and it works fine. for Virtualization with proxmox some reports some issues ....but not all

be sure you get a v4 usually it will come with i226 nics and try to buy something that has a CW mobo inside, (im saying this just because for that board are more ppl that have it and they provide input and new ideas.) You dont want to be the odd one out when it come to "support" on the forum...with a board that no one has. .... safety in numbers :)

Also, i dont know for the others, but CW has a support site where you can get bios updates....although ... if is not really broken i dont think biso updates helps that much

holly shit ... 5-6 years old CPU
sorry but what is cw?
and what is V4?

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
please send me shop link.
yeah .... see above post ....but i highly recommend you to read at least the last 10-15 pages of this thread before you blindly buy anything to get a better picture of the products out there

BrutusBoots

Sep 19, 2022
Got all my hardware installed, proxmox installed and on the latest 5.19 edge kernel. Installing Ubuntu, fedora and opnSense and letting them run for a week to test stability. Also did a memtest before installing proxmox and that was successful.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Nice...still waiting for mine...cw shipping is baaaad
There's nothing wrong with CW as a seller, and as to the cartage, I got mine quite promptly. Unless CW is now doing the International cartage personally, I dare say that it's out of their hands.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
I say Cw choice of shipping is bad...as although is payed, is way slower compared to Topton...cheepest air shiping method probably... And no other options.
I can only compare to Topton as i ordered from them also

As a seller...yeah is fine...responds fast to questions...im waiting to see the product

Topton shipment spoiled me :))

Last edited:

amikids

Sep 10, 2021
Considering that _ALL_ reports about crashes/freezes are _ONLY_ affecting proxmox and/or generally linux (with virtualization), it is safe to assume that there is nothing wrong on the hardware side. *Especially* because all other OS even with virtualization are running perfectly fine on those systems...
Could we change eto EXSi to avoid issue with Proxmox kernel?

BrutusBoots

Sep 19, 2022
well it arrived today! Going to pop the RAM and NVME into it and boot it up!

View attachment 24718
so I installed proxmox, setup a fedora VM, an Ubuntu VM and an opnsense VM. I loaded a terminal in fedora and ubuntu and have it repeatedly compressing/decompressing random data to generate some load. opnsense is just idling for now. You can see the load is pretty steady:

1665020003098.png

after about 45 minutes here's my temps. Seems to hang around a touch under 70C. I have a fan for it so I'll probably stick that in the case and see how loud it is. I don't think 70C under this sort of load is anything to really worry about though.

1665019955923.png

Reactions: dums and dazagrt

wifi75

Oct 5, 2022
Got all my hardware installed, proxmox installed and on the latest 5.19 edge kernel. Installing Ubuntu, fedora and opnSense and letting them run for a week to test stability. Also did a memtest before installing proxmox and that was successful.
witch model type you have?

wifi75

Oct 5, 2022
Extra heat at $100(aud) more cost but doesn't represent an equivalent increase in performance. The N5105 is the sweet spot, AFAIK.
sorry but i did not understand, are you telling me that it is better to take N5105?
What does AFAIK mean?
i have to install pfsense and i don't want to have any problems.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
sorry but i did not understand, are you telling me that it is better to take N5105?
Yes, the N5105 was the better price per performance the last time I calculated it, but it does depend on how much extra you are paying for it in your country.
At the prices listed in the previous posts, the N6005 is about 32% more expensive than the N5105 yet it only has a Turbo Frequency (All Cores) performance increase of 15%

What does AFAIK mean?
Commonly known/short-for; "as far as I know".

Last edited:
Reactions: wifi75

wifi75

Oct 5, 2022
but nobody here uses one of these mini pc for pfsense or opensense?
I would like a testimony from these people.