Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Haha, I was about to press buy through "Loksing" and I thought I'd have one more look back at the 6 port video with the i7's; and sure enough, the one I'm looking at getting is the one with the "bad" case - so I don't know. I'll wait and see what you get Neo.

Snk B

Jul 19, 2022
Thanks Neo! my only concern there would be if the heat pipes are reserved for the next class of CPUs (i5 & i7) - just a thought anyway. What's the timeline for yours to arrive?
If you're talking about the case sold by CWWK, the 5105 and 6005 versions don't have the copper tubes.
Only i5 and i7 versions have it.
I have a V4 with N6005 and I confirm this information.

Reactions: dazagrt

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
If you're talking about the case sold by CWWK, the 5105 and 6005 versions don't have the copper tubes.
Only i5 and i7 versions have it.
I have a V4 with N6005 and I confirm this information.
Thanks, I thought that would be the case.

The supplier would actually be "Loksing" from this very long link;

They have now confirmed via chat that they use the same as this heatpipe setup from Topton;

better_heatsink.jpg

Reactions: Snk B

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
pfff .... those dutch better layoff the ganja and start working :)))....stuck there for 3 days now

19-09-2022 08:26 Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre
19-09-2022 07:00The shipment is handed over in bulk final acceptance of the item to be confirmed

will see how this goes ....but for now Topton has the better shipping , v3 came to my door by courier, no taxes. This one will come to the National post office , soo ill have to move my ass there .... will see if they put me to pay any tax

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022
Anyone using these with Proxmox and managed to get audio pass-through working? I have the N5105 V4 I226 model and can pass-through most devices without issue. I've managed to pass-through the iGPU to an Ubuntu guest but can't seem to get audio working.
do u have video output from hdmi on ur vm machine with igpu pass?

Sep 6, 2022
Yes, the HDMI video output of the guest (Ubuntu) from the passed through iGPU works fine. Audio I've been struggling with
can u guide me to do same? i dont success with video oputput..

for audio i dont know, but my v2 has 2 bios, one is for audio thru hdmi no vga, another is with vga but no audio... its same for u maybe

look here for my bios:
MW-JSL.2.5G-4L(第二版N5105绿色PCB版本专用BIOS-V2) | 畅网共享资料技术云网盘 (changwang.com)
usa translate

Last edited:

bugmenot

Aug 14, 2017
can u guide me to do same? i dont success with video oputput..

for audio i dont know, but my v2 has 2 bios, one is for audio thru hdmi no vga, another is with vga but no audio... its same for u maybe

look here for my bios:
MW-JSL.2.5G-4L(第二版N5105绿色PCB版本专用BIOS-V2) | 畅网共享资料技术云网盘 (changwang.com)
usa translate
I followed the guide from here - Pci passthrough - Proxmox VE
If you post your Proxmox VM settings I can take a look

p3kty

Jul 12, 2022
For WooYi N5105 unit users, newer BIOS image is available!

FYI, the board in it is a Bluetech GF-1338NP-12 (1DP + 1HDMI video out)

I asked the AE seller for the newer BIOS image and got this.
And... I just flashed mine and confirmed working without problem. It is now v13 (from v11). It seems the manufacturer built this image a few weeks ago. (see 2nd pic)

- Now shutting down ESXi OS actually turns off the box and it stays off, no more auto power on
- Of course, it powers on itself on power restore
- VT-d support is correctly displayed

_old_v11.jpg
old v11 bios

_new_v13.jpg
new v13 bios flashed

_vtd_support.jpg
VT-d supported!

Anybody want the image? I cannot upload here as it is too big (5.xMB). But, I could give you some link for the google drive or so.

sko

Jun 11, 2021
For WooYi N5105 unit users, newer BIOS image is available!

FYI, the board in it is a Bluetech GF-1338NP-12 (1DP + 1HDMI video out)
[...]
Anybody want the image? I cannot upload here as it is too big (5.xMB). But, I could give you some link for the google drive or so.
Definitely interested!

If the file is too big for the forum and can't be compressed, maybe you can just use something like gofile.io and post the download link?

p3kty

Jul 12, 2022
gofile.io
is a go! Never knew that kind of free service. Thanks!

1. Boot into the builtin UEFI shell
2. Locate the USB drive containing the image and flash utility (fs0: then dir , fs1: then dir , repeat until you see the files)
3. cd to that drive
4. fpt -D old_bios.bin to backup old BIOS
5. fpt -f 1.bin to flash new BIOS

prdtabim

Jan 29, 2022
is a go! Never knew that kind of free service. Thanks!

1. Boot into the builtin UEFI shell
2. Locate the USB drive containing the image and flash utility (fs0: then dir , fs1: then dir , repeat until you see the files)
3. cd to that drive
4. fpt -D old_bios.bin to backup old BIOS
5. fpt -f 1.bin to flash new BIOS
Hi,
@pigr8 posted a link to a copy of 1338np-12-V16 in august 1st.

I'm using this bios since then. The method to flash is exactly as you described.
The confusing part is about the dates like the V13 is from september 7th ... maybe diferent forks of bios ?

p3kty

Jul 12, 2022
Hi,
@pigr8 posted a link to a copy of 1338np-12-V16 in august 1st.

I'm using this bios since then. The method to flash is exactly as you described.
The confusing part is about the dates like the V13 is from september 7th ... maybe diferent forks of bios ?
Which board variant are you using? @pigr8's one is for... Topton's unit with only one hdmi out? Seems there has been many variants from bluetech.
FYI, there was a v16 bios for another bluetech variant from chinese site called cnction but the variant has 2 hdmi port. (posted here maybe in July?)

The image I've posted earlier today is for the 1dp+1hdmi variant from WooYi (and some other stores). Actually the seller specifically asked me to take the photo of the board when I asked the seller to contact the manufacturer.

Or....? Maybe the bios doesn't care the video out specs of the board and just works well.

prdtabim

Jan 29, 2022
Which board variant are you using? @pigr8's one is for... Topton's unit with only one hdmi out? Seems there has been many variants from bluetech.
FYI, there was a v16 bios for another bluetech variant from chinese site called cnction but the variant has 2 hdmi port. (posted here maybe in July?)

The image I've posted earlier today is for the 1dp+1hdmi variant from WooYi (and some other stores). Actually the seller specifically asked me to take the photo of the board when I asked the seller to contact the manufacturer.

Or....? Maybe the bios doesn't care the video out specs of the board and just works well.
Topton type 2 with the big enclosure.
Mainboard Bluetech 1338np-12 with hdmi+dp, 4 i225, rj45 serial console, 2 usb 2.0 + 2 usb 3.0 .