Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Yeah...semi useless (in sense of over-over-over kill ) for firewall duties and maybe 2-3 dockers deside it...for that cpu they should put 10G fibers :))

Anyway...i would go for the R7 not the R5...for 70$.., 2 more cores and 4 threads ...you go big or you go home.

One question i have ....
When i had the v3 topton , PL1 and PL2 where set by me to 15 and 21.
N5105 is rated 10w .... but it would always hit on the 21w power limit on all cores when stress test after about 60-80 seconds....then kept the 15w power.
However on a single core stress it would never pass 10w ....

so TDP is based on a single core ? i know intel and amd rates them different but is what i noticed during my testing.

Second question is: anyone found how you can undervolt the N?....which bios setting are for undervolting?

Last edited:

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
there's a big difference between a 65w+ desktop ryzen and the U line ( 15w - aimed at use in laptops )

Also note that the aliexpress box linked is NOT fanless
Yes, I know someone with a new ryzen laptop that's getting good speed and battery life from theirs.

Reactions: BrutusBoots

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Second question is: anyone found how you can undervolt the N?....which bios setting are for undervolting?
Do you have an Advanced --> Overclocking Performance Menu --> Advanced --> Overclocking Feature --> Processor --> Core Voltage Mode (and other stuff in that area)?

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
there's a big difference between a 65w+ desktop ryzen and the U line ( 15w - aimed at use in laptops )
ryzen cores are more efficient than N or J so power is not the problem per se

Do you have an Advanced --> Overclocking Performance Menu --> Advanced --> Overclocking Feature --> Processor --> Core Voltage Mode (and other stuff in that area)?
No...v3 Topton does not have those options....im waiting for V4
But beeing a full unlock bios those options should be there... Worded different...

Last edited:

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
@neo243 is not an exact value...you need to go in small steps and constantly checking....remove the Al bloc from nics and see how much it should be removed, then start removing material bit by bit

Reactions: neo243

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
No...v3 Topton does not have those options....im waiting for V4
But beeing a full unlock bios those options should be there... Worded different...
I’m answering the undervolt question I quoted, you will be able to use it on your new one.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
I’m answering the undervolt question I quoted, you will be able to use it on your new one.
yes ... but that option tree was not present in my default bios , nor in the updated ones .... that is why i say maybe is worded different.
Do you have v4 ?

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
yes ... but that option tree was not present in my default bios , nor in the updated ones .... that is why i say maybe is worded different.
Do you have v4 ?
Yes I have a V4. That's what you ordered, wasn't it?

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Yes...im still waiting for v4 to get to me...

Well that is nice to hear that they cleaned up the bios option a bit....
Have you manage to undervolt it?

Looking fooward to get it....was shipped 6 days ago... Package in Eu on PostNL custody.. Hopefully by next week will get to me

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Yes...im still waiting for v4 to get to me...

Have you manage to undervolt it?
No sorry, mine is busy doing work. I'm looking at getting a second one, different hardware maybe though.

Edit; I actually want one with four USB 3 ports and 6 NICs.

Last edited:
Reactions: burtal

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
@dazagrt i ordered a n6005 with the same case if you wait a bit i can give you some info if the die has proper connection to the copper block.
Thanks Neo! my only concern there would be if the heat pipes are reserved for the next class of CPUs (i5 & i7) - just a thought anyway. What's the timeline for yours to arrive?