Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
@dazagrt Ty the link is dead for me but i think i can see which one it is.
Does cwwk has no items in stock for me they don't have any products available from germany :(.
I went to AliExpress and change my location to Germany and sure enough the link instantly showed no product.
If you have a VPN, change your location so you can get out of the Geo-Blocking to have a look, I'm in Australia so set your VPN to Sydney, Australia. If you find you want something, you can private message me and I'll get it for you.

This is what I see with an EU plug selected --> https://i.ibb.co/9sWLw0Q/Mini-Router-Ali-Express-Australia.jpg

Edit: There are 33 of the bare system in stock and have a free delivery to me est; October 3rd.

Misery

Jul 28, 2022
I cannot access this from Germany. I asked CWWK for that. They talk to Ali to fix it.
They answered:

I replied, because of German policy requirements, the seller must have German EPR to sell to Germany, we still have not optained German EPR approval, sorry

I am now in contact with the Ministry of customs and hope to get this approval.

They also gave me this link for that item:

Just for your information.... :)

Reactions: dazagrt

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Intel Ark says:
J6413: 1,5 MB L2 Cache
N5105: 4 MB L3 Cache

They seem to mess up, once again... Where did you see the exact cache sizes?
from what i remember, n5105 showed in windows taskmanager L2 cahe 1,5 mb and L3 4mb .....i dont remember what was showed in cpuz or the other tools.
i dont have the unit anymore ....waiting for the v4 to show up

the documentation is good and bad ....ark states those caches so i took them as is , but if you deep dive into actual documentation both have the same level of caches ....they basically are the same 11th gen architecture from what i can see.
Funny N was announced couple of months after J ...so that makes N a newer CPU :)
for J
for N

now, that L3 might be enabled or disabled depending on the SKU and purpose of the the CPU

wiki , although not a 100% reliable source (lol looks like also intel is not :)) ) as the other non official sites has a nice break down ......

i dont know .... untill we have someone with the cpu we cannot know exactly .... but i still think at this moment N is a better option from bang for buck than J

Difference is that J supports more ram slots and has support for 3x 2.5gb nics .....and it looks to be more geared to IOT then normal laptop/ultrabook cpu ..... that could explain the L3 missing ..... i dont know

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
I cannot access this from Germany. I asked CWWK for that. They talk to Ali to fix it.
They answered:

They also gave me this link for that item:

Just for your information.... :)
That looks great, it's in a different case but you can order it with the N6005 CPU! The order comes out to about $333aud delivered, which is good pricing for that.

neo243

Sep 14, 2022
I did the same as @Misery :D and got the same links.Do we have any experience with that case?

Note: F... it i will buy a N6005 and report back :D

Last edited:

amikids

Sep 10, 2021
from what i remember, n5105 showed in windows taskmanager L2 cahe 1,5 mb and L3 4mb .....i dont remember what was showed in cpuz or the other tools.
i dont have the unit anymore ....waiting for the v4 to show up

the documentation is good and bad ....ark states those caches so i took them as is , but if you deep dive into actual documentation both have the same level of caches ....they basically are the same 11th gen architecture from what i can see.
Funny N was announced couple of months after J ...so that makes N a newer CPU :)
for J
for N

now, that L3 might be enabled or disabled depending on the SKU and purpose of the the CPU

wiki , although not a 100% reliable source (lol looks like also intel is not :)) ) as the other non official sites has a nice break down ......

i dont know .... untill we have someone with the cpu we cannot know exactly .... but i still think at this moment N is a better option from bang for buck than J

Difference is that J supports more ram slots and has support for 3x 2.5gb nics .....and it looks to be more geared to IOT then normal laptop/ultrabook cpu ..... that could explain the L3 missing ..... i dont know
For mine J6413 show L2 1.5mb/ L3 4MB
1663321983037.png

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
great!

then Ark is wrong their docs are good ...all is good.

you run it at defaults bios and repaste for better temps? i think is labeled as more efficient than N is because lower base freq....voltages are similar and all core freq is the same under load as N

Jonny_Jon

Sep 16, 2022
I'm planning to build low energy home lab Proxmox or VMware and thinking between N6005 and i7-1165g7

Can someone who tried N6005 already give me advice on what is it capable of? How many VM/Containers I will be able to run on the thing?

I'm planning to run something like this:

Pfsense / Opensens 200Mb Internet
Ubuntu
Ubiquiti controller
Synology photos
SQL Server
Grafana
PI-HOLE
Home Assistant
and probably 5 more containers..

gregg098

Jun 7, 2019
I'm planning to build low energy home lab Proxmox or VMware and thinking between N6005 and i7-1165g7

Can someone who tried N6005 already give me advice on what is it capable of? How many VM/Containers I will be able to run on the thing?

Pfsense / Opensens 200Mb Internet
Ubuntu
Ubiquiti controller
Synology photos
SQL Server
Grafana
PI-HOLE
Home Assistant
and probably 5 more containers..
Depends on what the other 5 containers are. Most of that is pretty lightweight. The photos server will probbaly be the biggest load, just guessing though.

For reference, I have an old NUC from about 4-6 years ago that has an Intel Celeron J3455. This thing has a passmark of <2000, but it ran Proxmox with a VM and bunch of containers just fine. I was running
- Debian VM with Docker -> Home Assistant, Node Red, Mosquitto, other home automation stuff
- LXC with Unifi controller
- LXC with VPN servers
- LXC with some other lightweight service - I forget which.

Ive since moved things around but I still run Proxmox with the Debain/Docker container for all Home Automation stuff. Its a little slow when doing updates, but overall has run like a champ for years.
Long story short, you can run a lot with a little as long as you're not transcoding or doing resource intensive stuff.

Reactions: Stovar

Jonny_Jon

Sep 16, 2022
Depends on what the other 5 containers are. Most of that is pretty lightweight. The photos server will probbaly be the biggest load, just guessing though.

For reference, I have an old NUC from about 4-6 years ago that has an Intel Celeron J3455. This thing has a passmark of <2000, but it ran Proxmox with a VM and bunch of containers just fine. I was running
- Debian VM with Docker -> Home Assistant, Node Red, Mosquitto, other home automation stuff
- LXC with Unifi controller
- LXC with VPN servers
- LXC with some other lightweight service - I forget which.

Ive since moved things around but I still run Proxmox with the Debain/Docker container for all Home Automation stuff. Its a little slow when doing updates, but overall has run like a champ for years.
Long story short, you can run a lot with a little as long as you're not transcoding or doing resource intensive stuff.
Thanks for the input, right now I'm running Raspberry pi 4, and it's ok to do lots of small things, but interested in what I can do with N6005, and when I have to start think about i7-1165g7.

dums

Aug 14, 2022
Synology photos
Hello,
Would you mind to elaborate on your plan to install Synology photos on proxmox? Do you need to install full DSM to use Photos app or it's available as standalone?

Jonny_Jon

Sep 16, 2022
Hello,
Would you mind to elaborate on your plan to install Synology photos on proxmox? Do you need to install full DSM to use Photos app or it's available as standalone?
nothing fancy, I thought about to install DSM and photo app.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
15W but at least have a blower.
Must be significantly faster than N5105, N6005 .
do you think ?:))) ryzen boost 1ghz higher then N`s :)) not to mention more cores , hell you can game on those

my opinion is those are to much for just a simple firewall and maybe proxmox with 3-4 dockers, those are specs for mini servers....depends on how much more expensive they will be

it would be nice that they put those cpu in this 195.21US $ |N5105/n6005nas Demon Board / Six Sata3.0/ Dual M.2/itx/ Four I226-v Nics - Barebone & Mini Pc - AliExpress ...

Sep 6, 2022
Price in china on jd.com.from.official store is about $270 for ryzen 5 6/12 cores latest zen 3 5000 series...( For reference n5105 v4 on same store is $130) anyways i see a massive fan system on this ryzen version. Too Much Power for a firewall ,nice for a mini server proxmox. 15w or more is for CPU only.

Last edited:

BrutusBoots

Sep 19, 2022
Ordered the N5105 i226 model from CWWK. Looking to run proxmox with openwrt, Adguard and maybe a few other light VMs.

Are these things fussy with NVME/RAM?

Thinking 16G RAM and a 256-512G Samsung 980 NVME?