Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ech1965

Apr 3, 2011
HNSUN is a great company to deal with. If you email them, they will not tell you directly which RAM will work, but they will send you pictures like the ones I have attached.

Dear johnknierim, is it correct you bought your devices in amazon.de and had them shipped in Germany.

May I ask if you paid the announed price on amazon de site ( 229 for the bare bone version ) ?
I'm still trying to figure out if VAT/custom are included in the price or not ?
Thanks in advance
Etienne

johnknierim

Aug 1, 2022
Dear johnknierim, is it correct you bought your devices in amazon.de and had them shipped in Germany.

May I ask if you paid the announed price on amazon de site ( 229 for the bare bone version ) ?
I'm still trying to figure out if VAT/custom are included in the price or not ?
Thanks in advance
Etienne
Sorry, if I was not clear. I purchased the device twice from Amazon USA

neo243

Sep 14, 2022
Hi Guys,
i went through most of the 46 sites by now in this thread.
What cpu and which "case" would you pick for 6 Nics Proxmox Opnsense|Docker (Pihole,Heimdalletc.)?

Many Thanks

DomFel

Sep 5, 2022
What cpu and which "case" would you pick for 6 Nics Proxmox Opnsense|Docker (Pihole,Heimdalletc.)?
Buy directly from CWWK, J6413 is the most powerful of the most recent platform with 6 NICs and i226 NICs.
They told me they will introduce a 6 NIC with i226 and N6005 shortly.

Reactions: dazagrt

dums

Aug 14, 2022
Buy directly from CWWK, J6413 is the most powerful of the most recent platform with 6 NICs and i226 NICs.
They told me they will introduce a 6 NIC with i226 and N6005 shortly.
As we're just getting decent BIOS and OS support for N5105 CPU's you might need to ask yourself if you really want to spend next few months troubleshooting and experimenting with BIOS settings and drivers. Performance vise J6413 should be very similar to N5105 with small exception - J6413 officially supports 32 GB of RAM (N5105 supports it unofficially), and has 4 Memory Channels (I don't think you can use 4 channels with 2 ram slots, might be wrong). So if you want performance go for N6005, if you want stability with best price/performance go for N5105, if you like to experiment - J6413.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Hi Guys,
i went through most of the 46 sites by now in this thread.

Many Thanks
what 46 sites ?

CWWK Store - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress

here is CW store

be careful with the J6412-3 cause they list as mSata only ....so no NVME .... depends if you need or not .... could be good or bad

i think N5105 is the best bang for buck .... lower heat , lower power lower price alsmost the same perf(as in all benchmarks you will not feel the diference in real world use )..... as always the mid tier offers the most value

noltari

Sep 14, 2022
what 46 sites ?

CWWK Store - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress

here is CW store

be careful with the J6412-3 cause they list as mSata only ....so no NVME .... depends if you need or not .... could be good or bad

i think N5105 is the best bang for buck .... lower heat , lower power lower price alsmost the same perf(as in all benchmarks you will not feel the diference in real world use )..... as always the mid tier offers the most value
Isn't the J6413 supposed to be more power/heat efficient than the N5105?

Or at least that's what this video claims...

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
it should and probably is marginal better.... but Intel .... last 10 years same re-heated soup...:))

N5015 vs J6413 ....N has double L3 cache size might be more beneficial for some workloads ....same core count and basically same freq ....from what i see is mostly platform upgrades

Is it really 30$ better cpu vs cpu ? and will you see the differrence in real world ? ? ? For that 30$ you can get a better power supply and some beers ....

and lets not forget .... we are not comparing only chips here ... we are getting a PC used for firewall duty ...so balanced power and stability is more important , and long term use.
N platform is more mature , is V4 than the new J6413...

As i said for example at this moment CW sells the J6413 with SATA .... so is a downgrade from NVME on N chips from my pov.

I think is better to get N6005 if you really need the performance

and not to mention if you really wanna spend there is an i7 version with 6 lans .... Patrick just had a video on the STH yt channel

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stovar

plenary_petty

Mar 13, 2022
Is it really 30$ better cpu vs cpu ? and will you see the differrence in real world ? ? ? For that 30$ you can get a better power supply and some beers ....
I bought the V3 fat version from KingNovy, it came with a 12V power supply called Dajing or something I don't remember. I also have a 19V-3A power supply laying around. Since the mini pc can be powered at 19V, should I use the 19V one, is there any benefits? I checked with KingNovy and they said no, it could cause problems but didn't say what problems.

noltari

Sep 14, 2022
it should and probably is marginal better.... but Intel .... last 10 years same re-heated soup...:))

N5015 vs J6413 ....N has double L3 cache size might be more beneficial for some workloads ....same core count and basically same freq ....from what i see is mostly platform upgrades
That's not true since both processors have the same L2 and L3 cache sizes: 1.5MB and 4MB

and lets not forget .... we are not comparing only chips here ... we are getting a PC used for firewall duty ...so balanced power and stability is more important , and long term use.
I'm looking for a PC for OpenWrt capable of routing at least 1 Gbps in order to replace my current setup: RPi 4B + TP-Link UE300 (RTL8152).
Maybe it's a bit overkill for that, but I intend to keep it for a while when my ISP upgrades to XGS-PON.

N platform is more mature , is V4 than the new J6413...

As i said for example at this moment CW sells the J6413 with SATA .... so is a downgrade from NVME on N chips from my pov.
For my use there's no need for NVMe. mSATA is more than enough, but it's true that finding a good mSATA disk it's tricky...

In my opinion power consumption is more important than performance, but it clearly depends on the use case...
I'm not considering N6005 for that reason. Therefore I would rather purchase the N5105 or the J6413, but not the N6005 since it's more power hungry...

and not to mention if you really wanna spend there is an i7 version with 6 lans .... Patrick just had a video on the STH yt channel
Too much power consumption :)

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
do you believe Intel or cpu-world?
Agreed and that was the first thing I thought of when I read the post about cpu-world; or any third party site for that matter. The only thing that you can sometimes move on with Intel is the later model RAM specs where the original Intel specs never referenced the larger-sized modules that do work but came out after the CPU specs were defined.

neo243

Sep 14, 2022
@dazagrt Ty the link is dead for me but i think i can see which one it is.
Does cwwk has no items in stock for me they don't have any products available from germany :(.

sko

Jun 11, 2021
@dazagrt Ty the link is dead for me but i think i can see which one it is.
Does cwwk has no items in stock for me they don't have any products available from germany :(.
Just use the topton store. My V2 arrived after a week or so and was injection shipped, so no taxes or additional fees. Ordered another 4 of them on tuesday and they already arrived at the outbound airport in china.