took the plunge...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
I'm starting my dissertation on deep learning and diagnostic imaging. So much to learn and so much to write -and sound like I know what I'm talking about...when I really don't,

I'm considering focusing the dissertation on the automated diagnostics (in a n ANN/deep learning) compared to traditional radiologist evaluations on certain procedure codes (to be decided), I have found a singular image DICOM 240 terabyte DB with reports and I'm trying to get queries that can get what I need. I a, also trying to anonymize the data but keep all the relevant information

Regardless, I will pestering the members of this forum info. At certain times I will consider outright bribes.

Thank you

J

L.P.

Feb 17, 2019
Hi Venturi,

good luck for your dissertation! Have you also considered using a state-of-the-art setup such as GANs coupled with Reinforcement Learning?
We use it for different kind of spatial data and early results are looking pretty promising.

Sincerely,
L.

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
Hi Venturi,

good luck for your dissertation! Have you also considered using a state-of-the-art setup such as GANs coupled with Reinforcement Learning?
We use it for different kind of spatial data and early results are looking pretty promising.

Sincerely,
L.

I'm just now getting my feet wet. trying to learn GAN, CNN, DCNN, ANN, algorithms, reverses etc. for Clinical Decision support and diagnostic imaging.

...starting to feel a little lightheaded... overwhelmed....

vv111y

May 6, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Belated Hello Venturi,
You're not alone feeling overwhelmed, I feel it daily. Reading /r/machinelearning it seems everyone is dealing with that.
I myself am a returning student just finishing off my Honours and applying to grad school.
Good to meet you

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
Pleasure is mine.

Its one of those segments of industry that at any given time EVERYONE seems to more than I do. Yep, its the new thing...

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Pleasure is mine.

Its one of those segments of industry that at any given time EVERYONE seems to more than I do. Yep, its the new thing...
Well between your platinum veins and your CEO edition GPUs you have more computing power than some labs. So you’ll not want there. Good luck! I hope to learn something while you do. Will you be posting your dissertation online?

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
Well between your platinum veins and your CEO edition GPUs you have more computing power than some labs. So you’ll not want there. Good luck! I hope to learn something while you do. Will you be posting your dissertation online?
I would be honored to post the dissertation online.

and thank you

Reactions: gigatexal