EU Too good to be true? Getic - Mikrotik CRS510 for £651

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
This Latvian reseller is offering CRS510 for an astonishing price, the site says the price excludes VAT because I am in the UK, so doubtless I'll pay that at the boarder but if that's 20% it'll still be something like £780 on a €999 switch?

They have a good Trustpilot rating, which doesn't mean much but has anyone here had any experience with them? Facebook reviews seem genuine and established, it's just too good a price?!

Reactions: Samir

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
These former Soviet republics have very high inflation rates and whole EU is in recession so it could be that this product is their loss leader but it also means they might be prone to scamming.
Most likely they have just put wrong cheaper product in place of more expensive one. They never do it in reverse.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Ive bought from them both private and commercialy, they are one of the largest mikrotik distributors in Europe.

They can always get us what nobody in scandinavia has in stock.
Im guessing since they have a 10+ year relationship with mikrotik and based out of Latvia just like mikrotik is.

As for pricing they are ex.vat. since mainly a commercial seller and the MSRP is included vat (+ in USD that is lower than EUR).
Add an average vat rate and convert eur to usd and their prices are not that far below MSRP.

pogopogo

Mar 8, 2020
They have a 99.5% rating on eBay with 14,137 reviews. I purchased a CRS305 from them when I couldn’t find one anywhere else. I think you’re safe to purchase from them without worry.

Reactions: bob_dvb and Samir

gardar

Nov 15, 2012
They were previously named EuroDK, I've purchased from them and got friends and colleagues who have purchased from them and I have not heard anything but positive about them.

Matta

Oct 16, 2022
I bought from Getic 5 times in the past 6 months, every time without issues.
They have stuff that even main reseller in my country doesn't have and they have it faster (earlier) in stock than everybody else.
Recommended.

Endolf

Apr 12, 2023
I ordered this exact item from them for delivery to the UK too. Despite selecting UK power leads, I got EU ones, and the 10gb rj45 module I ordered arrived damaged. The switch itself has been fine and as I couldn't find any in stock in the UK, options were limited.

dreamsin

Oct 31, 2018
These former Soviet republics have very high inflation rates and whole EU is in recession so it could be that this product is their loss leader but it also means they might be prone to scamming.
Most likely they have just put wrong cheaper product in place of more expensive one. They never do it in reverse.
Mikrotik is based in Latvia...

Hallow322

Sep 15, 2022
I'm based in Latvia and they are pretty much my go to website when I need networking related stuff.

billc.cn

Oct 6, 2017
I bought from them last year. The delivery is a bit expensive but can be amortised with more equipment ;)
They have also collected UK VAT directly and Royal mail did not double charge me which is very nice of them.