TinyMiniMicro2Go - messing with mobile thin clients for fun...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
So yeah, I recently bought an HP mt46 thin client for less than 275 USD - well, not this one, but same seller. So it just arrived at my home...and I am starting to have second thoughts...about my 9 month old Framework i5 11th Gen subnotebook (with the i5-1135G7). I spent close to 1300 USD on it (well, 950 for the chassis, 225 for the RAM, 130 for the SSD, and about 100 for extra port replicators)...just to have it be matched in performance by a machine that is 1/2 the price (which includes 225 for RAM and about 60-70 for SSD...amazing how DDR4 SODIMMs and 512GB NVMe SSDs drop in price).
Probably going to use it as a cheap-and-cheerful machine for data center visits.
Expect a detailed writeup about the mt46...it's a fun machine to play with, especially if you luck out on the hustle and receive it for cheap!

IMG_8322.png

I can just picture @Patrick getting a massive headache.
"I HAVE TO REVIEW ENTERPRISE LAPTOPS NOW?!"
No, and don't tell my HP rep - they might do something to the next batch of machines to lock this one out.

Last edited: