Tiny/Mini/Micro That fits specific criteria?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
We've been buying Intel NUC 8th gens because they can have 4 displays and 2 ethernet ports, but they are getting harder to find. Do any of the major manufacterers have something similar now? I looked at the HP Z2, but couldn't tell if it could be configured with two ethernet ports. The Lenovos could have two ethernet, but then don't have 4 display (HDMI or DP) out. Any suggestions would be helpful.

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
NUC 9th Gen with thunderbolt daisy chaining perhaps?

View attachment 21226
We are currently using 8th gen NUCs as they have multiple display port outs. The problem is that display chaining requires newer displays, and the installations we put these into often won't spend money to do a full upgrade of the operator station. That means we rip and replace, and then just have a DP to DVI adapter. Thank you for the information though, those charts are nice. Looks like they were from the wiki page?

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
Man, finding a replacement for these NUCs is turning out to be a unicorn hunt! Even with looking at specialized embedded and signage PCs, there really is nothing like it. Except getting a SFF business PC and rebuilding them to spec. I did find one company that makes something close; Maxtang.
Here is the announcement I found for their unit: New Mini-PC comes with a fast AMD Ryzen processor and four DisplayPorts - NotebookCheck.net News
No RAID1 on this chassis, but it does have the dual LAN and 4 display outs.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
NUC 11 Pro? All the dual NIC ones support 4 displays (2 HDMI and 2 DP). NUC11TNHv50L would be an example of one of the SKUs.

Reactions: DiHydro

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
NUC 11 Pro? All the dual NIC ones support 4 displays (2 HDMI and 2 DP). NUC11TNHv50L would be an example of one of the SKUs.
Yup, we are looking at those. Biggest concerns are the USB C to display dongles not being very reliable, and supply issues for actually getting the NUCs. I really like the flexibility of USB C, but for embedded and production environments the extra adapters and dongles are annoying. I did talk about this more with my manager, and he said the SSDs fail so rarely that RAID 1 isn’t really the priority, dual LAN and Quad display are the most needed parts. That opens some more options for us I think.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
You might still be able to do RAID 1 actually so long as you get a matching M.2 and 2.5" SSD, but I'm not sure if it's supported. Possibility however.

Something else to consider: EPC-T1228

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Not TMM, but the Advantech DS085 will do the trick. Not sure how much you are willing to spend, though.

Or you can buy a t730/740 thin client and slap a normal PCIe Gigabit ethernet card onto it. Those things can do quad Displayports simultaneously.

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
Not TMM, but the Advantech DS085 will do the trick. Not sure how much you are willing to spend, though.

Or you can buy a t730/740 thin client and slap a normal PCIe Gigabit ethernet card onto it. Those things can do quad Displayports simultaneously.
Through all my searches, I don't think I had seen that model from Advantech. I will see if we want to order one of these as a test. Thanks for the heads up WANg!