Tim's leftovers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
PRICE UPDATES! All prices include shipping anywhere in the continental US. What you see in the pics is what you get. If it's not there, please ask! Click pics for bigger version.

Supermicro SC822T-400LPB chassis - $175, 2 available
(Some pics include a motherboard. Please ignore - Motherboard is NOT included.)

Supermicro X10SL7-F motherboard - $150, 2 available SOLD

Supermicro SC846 rails (MCP-290-00057-0N) - $60, 11 available

Intel I350-T4 NIC - $56, 2 available SOLD

(New, unopened) Mellanox Model MIS000085 rails - $50 each, 2 available
Warning: These rails will not work with the IS5024Q.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItsChrisG

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
How much for shipping of the 2U SM and mobo to Los Angeles, 90017?
Where are you located?

Thanks!

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
What is the part number for those SC846 rails? You had a different thread recently discussing a few different models of rails that will attach to a SC846, however most of them had problems with not coming far enough out of the rack to take the cover off the chassis.

If these are long enough to open a SC846 chassis without removing it from the rack (and assuming the space directly above it is occupied) then I am interested in one set. If any of the deals for the quad-port NICs fall through I might be interested in one or two of them as well.

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
I've updated all the prices. They now include shipping, because I can't be assed to carry two carloads full of crap down to the post office just for estimates. If I underestimated, I'll just eat the cost.

Reactions: T_Minus

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
Still have any of the i350 nics available?
Payment received for one of them. It's going out tomorrow morning. The other two - nitrobass hasn't sent me a PM yet. By the rules of "dibs", he does have first rights. I'll give him a little while longer.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
These are the standard rails that come with an SC846. The part # according to Supermicro's web site is MCP-290-00057-0N.
So then according to your post over here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/12u-rack.5117/#post-44327 those rails will leave 1/2" to 1" of the back of my chassis still in the rack, and unable to open it if there is something mounted directly above. I think I'll pass for now and wait for a good deal to show up on a set of 53's.

Seems so odd that the official rail for this chassis doesn't extend quite far enough. Whats the point of having a server with internal redundant hot-swap components (fans) if you can't actually swap them out hot.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
So then according to your post over here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/12u-rack.5117/#post-44327 those rails will leave 1/2" to 1" of the back of my chassis still in the rack, and unable to open it if there is something mounted directly above. I think I'll pass for now and wait for a good deal to show up on a set of 53's.

Seems so odd that the official rail for this chassis doesn't extend quite far enough. Whats the point of having a server with internal redundant hot-swap components (fans) if you can't actually swap them out hot.
Yeah, I've ended up with so many short ones :( Even claimed long ones on ebay are still wrong.

If you find any let me know please, I need at-least 4 sets.