Threadripper PRO can run on EPYC server motherboard.How to achieve?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RTX8080S

Aug 4, 2022
this VRM modd is only required by most supermicro boards, not ASRock Rack and not on most Gigabyte. maybe it is not required alt all, Tyan ist most easy to modd. and flash to the board.
If VRM restriction will not prevent TR Pro run on EPYC motherboard,What other factors will prevent it?What else besides AGESA version.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
If VRM restriction will not prevent TR Pro run on EPYC motherboard,What other factors will prevent it?What else besides AGESA version.
ok got answer: TR Pro 3000 is rome, as long as the motherboard supports the latest rome bios update, it can be supported.
that sounds to me that newer AGESA/BIOS allow TR Pro to be supported on EPYC mboards.
now its on you to buy a TR Pro 3000 and a motherboard to verify this !

RTX8080S

Aug 4, 2022
ok got answer: TR Pro 3000 is rome, as long as the motherboard supports the latest rome bios update, it can be supported.
that sounds to me that newer AGESA/BIOS allow TR Pro to be supported on EPYC mboards.
So,it means i can use TR PRO on EPYC motherboard without any modify!?This is a surprising result!Thank you very much!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
So,it means i can use TR PRO on EPYC motherboard without any modify!?This is a surprising result!Thank you very much!
not allmost. needs a rome/milan ready board with a BIOS including newest AGESA. looks like AMD started allowing this recently.
so forget EPYCD8, must be ROMED8 at least, best ist Tyan thought.
and of course on next monday all motherboards supporting this are out of stock for years...

RTX8080S

Aug 4, 2022
not allmost. needs a rome/milan ready board with a BIOS including newest AGESA. looks like AMD started allowing this recently.
so forget EPYCD8, must be ROMED8 at least, best ist Tyan thought. i saw Dual socket conf. is supported.
and of course on next monday all motherboards supporting this are out of stock for years...
Rome/Milan ready board are easily to by in Chia.Such as Tyan S8030/GIGABYTE MZ32 AR0/ASUS KRPA-U16.

RTX8080S

Aug 4, 2022
I'm just curious,Similarly can we run EPYC on TR Pro motherboard?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Rome/Milan ready board are easily to by in Chia.Such as Tyan S8030/GIGABYTE MZ32 AR0/ASUS KRPA-U16.
my experience is the boards are offered in china(i.e.taobao), but if you buy/ask they say "out of stock.." good luck.

RTX8080S

Aug 4, 2022
[引用=“RolloZ170,帖子:344639,成员:7479”]
TR Pro板有芯片组 - 可能是一个问题,不知道。我可以检查,如果你给我“一些”钱!
[/引用]
哦,我想在EPYC板上运行TR Pro,因为EPYC板很便宜。至于在TR PRO板上运行的EPYC,我只是好奇。谢谢你帮了我很多忙。我可以告诉你,淘宝说“缺货”的东西,你可以在Chia APP上通过它,仙鱼是一个在Chia交易二手商品的应用程序,但你需要解决运输问题。Tyan S8030GM2NE二手车约为1100元≈162美元。

Last edited:
Reactions: RolloZ170

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
I'm mostly interested in the opposite problem, if you can afford a $5K TR Pro you can probably afford $800 for a motherboard, but it would be awful nice to be able to run the $2000 7742's from eBay on a motherboard that has more than four USB ports worth of connectivity...

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I'm mostly interested in the opposite problem,
i was told sWRX8 boards like M12SWA only support TR Pro processor, not rome's.
looks like TR Pro have something which rome not have but required to work on TR Pro motherboard.
it could also be AMD doesn't want that and only prevents it in the BIOS/AGESA.