Thread list fonts, subject vs. line below showing who started and when

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Baddreams

Mar 15, 2011
As the title suggests what I'm referring to is the main forum category pages that show threads. The thread subject is fine, but the line immediately below them that show who created the thread and when are too large. When I'm scanning the page my eyes keep looking at who started the thread instead of what the threads subject is. Just a suggestion!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to get more on this one if others have an opinion. Generally I play with globals like fonts over weekends since there are less people online.

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
I'm not sure which display you are referring to. Can you provide a link?

Neither of these displays have the problem that you described when I view them:

http://forums.servethehome.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Site-Feedback

http://forums.servethehome.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Site-Organization-Suggestions

But the first one does have very small text for the description of the forums. For example, "I don't like forums that are highly disorganized, ..." is very small. But I am not really bothered by that, since I do not usually need to read that text.

Baddreams

Mar 15, 2011
The style of the first link is how I think the style of the second link should look. I'll try browsing the forums in something other than Chrome, maybe Google is to blame!

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
Yea, i know what you mean. It would be better if the threads in the forum looked like one of the new versions below. Currently the started by author draws your eye more so than the title of the thread.

I personally like the "NEW1" below best.

NEW1
Started by Baddreams, Today 11:35 AM

NEW2

Current

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
In general the fonts are all too big - I am assuming it was a default setting/template for this newer version of vBulletin. Does it offer any other layout templates?

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
In general the fonts are all too big - I am assuming it was a default setting/template for this newer version of vBulletin. Does it offer any other layout templates?
Too big?? No, they are just barely large enough, in most cases.

What OS / browser are you using that they look too large?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
OK finally found the variable for the author/ date information. Went from 16 to 13.