The Ultimate Cheap Fanless 2.5GbE Switch Mega Round-Up

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
Sure would like to see a review on the Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE... especially the management capabilities on it.

And maybe if there's a US or EU source for it, not a fan of AliExpress.

Reactions: 2bluesc

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Sure would like to see a review on the Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE... especially the management capabilities on it.

And maybe if there's a US or EU source for it, not a fan of AliExpress.
I think by the end of today we will have 5+ switches inbound to add.

Now the challenge is to get through the backlog.

2bluesc

Dec 24, 2017
For those watching the Hasivo switches (I just ordered Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE), there's some work to get OpenWRT running on them.
Unfortunately mine arrived with a 65W (1.25A@52V) power supply and not the advertised 130W (2.5A@52V) power supply. Still a great deal, but annoyed they can't be honest on the AliExpress listing. I believe Patrick's video showed a 130W power supply.

OpenWRT can't arrive soon enough, authentication seems to be non-existent on these devices:

1681361433472.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We buy these units (thanks to the STH YT Members) so we just report what we get. Something that I am VERY worried about is that specs change over time. We have seen it on many units including the Netgear switches.

Hazza64

Jun 6, 2023
Hey, could someone in this thread share a copy of the firmware shipped on the S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE?
I updated mine with firmware provided by Hasivo via AliExpress Messages and it seems to have bricked my unit. I was trying to fix the issue where it doesn't remember saved setting changes between power cycles, but now it doesn't boot and is stuck in a boot-loop.
Here's a link for anyone who wants to brave updating bricking their units! hasivo_vmlinux_20230422_ipv4_set_LACP_fix.bix
I'm planning on flashing this direct to the flash chip using this per the suggestion here on the openwrt forum thread about putting it on the device. @Patrick, maybe you could possibly save a backup of the firmware on one of your units?

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Unfortunately mine arrived with a 65W (1.25A@52V) power supply and not the advertised 130W (2.5A@52V) power supply. Still a great deal, but annoyed they can't be honest on the AliExpress listing. I believe Patrick's video showed a 130W power supply.
They have updated the listing images to mention that it's a 65W PSU (1.25A @ 52V), probably sometime after you ordered.

Apparently, if you contact them before ordering, they can still include the 130W (2.5A @ 52V) PSU if you want. That's what they told me at least. Not sure why they stopped including it by default.

Below are some additional details I got from them.

The dimensions of the PSUs are as follows:

65W: 50mm * 120mm * 30mm
130W: 65mm * 150mm * 40mm

PoE specifications (Port 1 upgraded since the review):

Port 1: 90W (PoE++ Type 4)
Port 2-4: 30W (PoE+)
Port 5: No PoE

Also, they supposedly have CE markings on the switch now. They claim it's printed on the label as well, but I have no way to confirm that. Also, the CE mark is just a claim from the manufacturer that it conforms to the applicable rules as far as I know. In other words, you'll basically have to trust them. :)

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
I never believed it was an official marking. But unscrupulous manufacturers will print anything on their products to make customers that they purchase a safe product.
Print an altered logo, and if caught red-handed, just say that it was never intended to be a legit CE marking.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I never believed it was an official marking. But unscrupulous manufacturers will print anything on their products to make customers that they purchase a safe product.
Print an altered logo, and if caught red-handed, just say that it was never intended to be a legit CE marking.
Yes, that's always a risk. They might as well just print the CE logo then since I doubt that argument would hold up in court.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
What court?
If it's not taken to court, it doesn't matter at all what logo they use.

In this case, Hasivo was perfectly happy to sell them without any regulatory markings at all so moving to a fake one seems kind of pointless.

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
They'll print whatever makes potential customers think that they're happy. If it is a logo with a "C" and an "E", why not add it to the stencil?