The Oracle has Landed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
I've had a small Norco rack for a while to keep my servers in. It's worked pretty well for the most part, but as you can see, it is pretty full:

You can probably also see that it is very dusty. Now that I've decided to finally build my FreeNAS box, I have no place in the rack to put it. As many of you have, I went to Craigslist. As I searched around, I found a few interesting options. There were several Dell racks, a few HP racks, but then one caught my eye. An Oracle rack! I contacted the seller and for $85 I purchased a gently used 42U fully enclosed rack (after I got official wife approval).

I borrowed a truck, and a few strong backs and picked up the rack. It was exactly as advertised and I came home with my very own Oracle rack. It took several hours, but I finally got everything in the rack.

My very small intern was here to help get everything set up correctly:

Here's what it looks like inside (very clean if I do say so myself):

And here is what makes the rack awesome (for an Oracle consultant anyway):

Now I have a place to put my new FreeNAS box.

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
Thanks! I'm excited to finally get down to business on my FreeNAS build. Lots of work to do!