The L5639 flood is upon us $135 and tons for little more.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Ahhh, the 50 sticks for $500. I should have umped on that. Oh well. Even at $11 that's not so bad, as long as the seller will bulk ship up to me in Canada. Cool, thanks for telling (reminding) me where, much obliged!

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
yeah man I've been hunting for a cheap nvidia card and its been dry lately on deals

LFletcher

Mar 26, 2013
UK
I think a lot of people are just buying systems at this point. Since these are older motherboards you can buy barebones servers really cheaply.
Being in the UK, shipping tends to get rather expensive for the barebones servers. Managed to find a cheapish Supermicro X8DAI motherboard and 64GB of RAM, so have ordered a pair of the L5639 CPU's from the US. Finished crossed it all plays nicely together.

w0mbl3

Aug 13, 2013
Sydney, Oz
Being in the UK, shipping tends to get rather expensive for the barebones servers. Managed to find a cheapish Supermicro X8DAI motherboard and 64GB of RAM, so have ordered a pair of the L5639 CPU's from the US. Finished crossed it all plays nicely together.
Noice!

I'd be very interested in some idle power readings with a single cpu installed as well as with both, if you've got the right gadget for reading power draw at the wall plug? (I use an Aldi Special cheapo power meter).

Getting some actual power readings for a minimum system configuration would be very handy for those of us in countries with high (and rising) elec. costs.

Since my post last week, I've bought myself a Xeon X3450 (LGA1156) and Supermicro X8SIL, but having comparative figure for the 32nm LGA1366 Xeon's would be helpful for others, and my own upgradeitis.

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
100 watt with 4 or 8 ssd pushing 10gbe out dual 10port gbe nic with megaraid 9260 and 72gb of ram