The Intel Atom C2000 Series Bug – Why it is so quiet

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
They replied very quickly to my RMA request. Advanced exchange is only offered if I request the RMA through the reseller. As I bought the motherboard used, it will be difficult to get the RMA. So I think I'll go for the repair RMA. They announced 5-10 days to repair it (SM Europe support).
I'm currently changing my server case so it's the best moment to make it repair before it's too late :)

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
Advanced exchange is only offered if I request the RMA through the reseller.
Unless SuperMicro has changed their policies, that is not true. My board was purchased from (damn...I cant remember now) and I just filled out the RMA form on their website. They contacted me within a couple of hours, and I requested an advanced exchange.

they asked for a credit card, and they charged like $300 to it. They quickly refunded it as soon as they received the old board back.

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Unless SuperMicro has changed their policies, that is not true. My board was purchased from (damn...I cant remember now) and I just filled out the RMA form on their website. They contacted me within a couple of hours, and I requested an advanced exchange.

they asked for a credit card, and they charged like $300 to it. They quickly refunded it as soon as they received the old board back.
In Europe or North America? :)

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
just to add to this asrock is also replacing boards still, I just shipped back a C2750D4I for a second RMA(the first one happend prior to new silicon being available)

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Supermicro rejected my RMA because the parcel arrived damaged...
Let's hope it will be returned without getting worse.
I won't be able to send it back for repair, Supermicro told me they would refuse any new RMA reggardin this mainboard because they fear it could have been damaged during transport.
So I ordered a new mainboard... Supermicro X10SDV-4C-7TP4F + 2x8GB HP PC4-2133P ECC Reg for 650€ including shipping and VAT.

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Finally package returned without any damage, I dealt with Supermicro to send it back to them. They replaced the motherboard with a refurbished one. Apparently this mainboard is patched and it shouldn't have Atom C2000 bug.

KLiu

Jul 4, 2019
I wonder if my C2750D4I cannot boot up some date, will it destroy my data stored in ZFS raidz filesystem?

Hrast

Oct 5, 2013
The A1SRi-2758F in my 5018a-FTN4 died several weeks ago (bought second hand on eBay). I tried setting up an RMA directly citing the AVR54 bug, and it was denied as "Out Of Warranty". I went back a couple of weeks later submitted a support case with the same information, that they then asked me to set up an RMA . I did Advanced Replacement, and I received a repaired board (same B0 stepping). I was asked to put "C2000 MB" in the Problem Description on the RMA request.

Last edited: