The EPYC 7702 Demolishes my Dual XEON platinum rig ...not even close

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
Man...i am still in awe by the hash rate from the 7702 running 8x8GB of DDR4 PC2400 ECC RAM... I am getting close to 43000 H/sec while mining monero which is more than 2X what I am getting my Dual XEON platinum 28 cores... that old rig can only hit maybe 21000 H/sec which consuming 350W++ in power.

LenE

Jan 29, 2020
I will show my ignorance about the current state of play with cryptocurrencies and ask if this rate is worth it? What is the approximate time frame to break even with buying 7702 system, assuming current values of Monero?

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
I will show my ignorance about the current state of play with cryptocurrencies and ask if this rate is worth it? What is the approximate time frame to break even with buying 7702 system, assuming current values of Monero?
The system is not solely for mining but also for work so I don't calculate breakeven using the normal sense. Mining monero is still very much worth it and I can rake in a few hundred usd per month with my current hashrate. I have several 3950x, one epyc 64c and some earlier first gen ryzens at work plus a few 2080ti. I started monero all from sth Patrick after he wrote an article on that using Xeons to mine xmr. So far my monero had funded my dual xeon 2696v4 to dual xeon platinum to this epyc and 3950x.

This epyc is a horrible gaming cpu btw haha