THE CHIA FARM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
My farm is still around ~254TB chugging along on 24 disks. Pretty disappointed that price is keep on sliding down; luckily netspace is going down with it, recuperating some of the loss income and there is no complete price crash. At so low prices, even for used SAS drives, it takes 3.3 years to take back the investment. I am not sure if I should keep hodling and or sell my chia to expand.
If you still think CHIA is something for you to be invested in, sell the hardware and buy the coin. Your investment has limited risk then. With keeping mining it, your investment in hardware and other other 'soft' commodities like electricity, hardware damages etc keeps you wide open.

Reactions: Iaroslav and Bert

Iaroslav

Aug 23, 2017
Kyiv
Enough farming, it's now close to non-profitable for my colo. 150 coins on 1PB earned, I'll hold it, maybe on the next bitcoin bull run something happens. The good thing I have where to use the disks right away

Reactions: Bert

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
My farm has shrink to like 3 drives. Just retired old smaller ones when my electricity cost made it unprofitable to leave them plugged in.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
If you still think CHIA is something for you to be invested in, sell the hardware and buy the coin. Your investment has limited risk then. With keeping mining it, your investment in hardware and other other 'soft' commodities like electricity, hardware damages etc keeps you wide open.
I can always use hard drives to hoard more data if project fails. I sold enough to cover my electricity cost for this and next year so we are all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iaroslav