Tgtbt - HGST Ultrastar 3TB pulls - 10.92

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Hmm I don't know it's too good to be true is it ? that's about the value I would put on a 3tb disk 3.5" disk that's used.
See if your order ships, it may well, I mean the price is not a decimal point in the wrong place or anything like that.

May 10, 2016
In for 24 of these and 24 of the 4tb seagate. Seems too good to be true. Hopefully it's an error they'll honor or that will be automatically processed rather than a hacked account.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Server pulls. When a datacenter upgrades to the new 8/10/12 TB drives they pull the old ones and sell them to surplus. Some may be perfect, some may not be, hours unknown. Run a drive test on them when they arrive and cross your fingers. The hgst ultrastars have had an extremely low failure rate. In a zfs managed NAS it is an obscenely cheap way for me to get 15TB of mirrored vdevs as secondary storage. Obviously not to be used outside of a NAS/managed disk array. And only in a lab/dungeon not production environment.... So perfect for me. :)

Reactions: Black Ninja

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
Over 100 more sold since i ask my question, that was 13 min ago

No doubt a lor of people will be "in" for few drives without even hesitate to check if it's legit or not just cause it's deal too great to even think about it.:)

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
I wont go for it, but I would love to hear for the guys when received(if they do), coud be legit. I could regret not goong for it, but thats the price.

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
Well it's monoprice, they are pretty legit.

It's unlikely a scam, but most likely is/was a pricing error that they'll refund.
True. Monoprice is well known company, and that that's the only resaon I would even consider it. It could be an error. I am so curious what will turn to be ?!:)

Son of Homer

May 9, 2016

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
I live in hope. Monoprice being the highly reputable company that it is will hopefully honor their contracts. It looked like the batch was for about 250 drives before it ran out. The 89% discount sale will do wonders for my nas plans if so.