Testing XenForo on STH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Will the new forum support tapatalk? I'm a big fan of it
I have and occasionally use tapatalk (not a huge fan though). I do plan on installing it on the XF version but that will likely trail migration by a few hours/ or a day.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
I am with nitrobass on it is going to take some getting use to, but no major complaints. I would prefer more contrast with colors, but again, something I will get use to.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
On cactus point... Are these the final colors? I bet you can change that easy and after go live if needed.

The mobile is much better though.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I am with nitrobass on it is going to take some getting use to, but no major complaints. I would prefer more contrast with colors, but again, something I will get use to.
I would totally agree. Something I will work on. Colors are probably good enough for a day 1 but they are fairly easy to change after the fact.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
As a quick update here, XF 1.3 was released to GA today. That was one of the key things I was waiting for before doing the transition. f.servethehome.com was using a 1.3 beta version. All appears to be on track for a weekend transition now (save the URL rewrite thing)

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
Things look good from my end. I was able to login without any issues.

The new forum is FAST. Page loads are super quick and everything just feels really really snappy.

The threads will take a little getting used to, I'm used to the prominent breaks between comments (the solid blue bar at the top for instance)