Temps - X9DRH-7F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JamesJB

Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys I am concerned about my temps.
I just recently discovered the software for my MB.
I built the server sometime in 2019 and never used the software or anything and the last time I looked at IPMIView on there site I thought it needed to be paid for.
So the past few years I never thought about looking at the overall temps except for the CPU's.

All 6 of my fans plus the 4 x2 each on the CPU coolers,CPU's temps are running fine.
The server case I have is the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091IZ1ZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
The server board is Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRH-7F

Server.png

Server 2.png

Should I be concerned about the peripheral temp?
I don't feel hot air coming out the back,its kinda cool.
The Server inside is Beyond clean,no dust build up or anything,I take good care of this thing :)

I should mention that this is a Home server and its not hot at all in my bedroom its kind cool.

I only use the server for Unraid at the moment but may put Microsoft Server 2022 or 2019 if they will work.
I just worried if my Server will fry,I do turn it off when i'm not using the server cause when I had it on for like 2 months I noticed my Electric bill sky rocket :(

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
mmmh. PCH is imho little to hot (if correct reading)
system temp & periph. sensor RT1/RT2 are somewhere on the mboard thought.
if the PCB is hot from voltage regs i.e. they give high output.
check around FAN4 connector for Temp-sensor ?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
yes CPU0 VRM unit is without headsink right ? if there is RT1 the high temp makes sense.

JamesJB

Dec 12, 2019
Hmm where exactly would that CPU0 VRM unit be on the motherboard? Not sure if it has a heat sink or not to be honest :(
If it needs one where can I get one?
Sorry for dumb question.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
...i think the sensor is on the back of PCB under the VRM area. no airflow there right in your (workstation) case ?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
the CPU1 VRM unit heatsink is missing because it will disturb the Airflow in a server chassis with Air-Shroud over CPU1/CPU2/Memory.

JamesJB

Dec 12, 2019
So i'm assuming there really is nothing I can do to cool those temps?
:(
I can't fit anymore fans in the case
I am afraid to run my Server now don't want it starting a fire

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
So i'm assuming there really is nothing I can do to cool those temps?
I can't fit anymore fans in the case
you can put a plate there to direct some air to the hot-spot
or place some heatsinks with dualsideadhesive3M on the VRM powerstages/Chokes(they get hot too)
for that reason all Workstation type motherboards DAI/DAC have VRM Heatsink at CPU1 or at least holes to mount one.

JamesJB

Dec 12, 2019
you can put a plate there to direct some air to the hot-spot
or place some heatsinks with dualsideadhesive3M on the VRM powerstages/Chokes(they get hot too)
for that reason all Workstation type motherboards DAI/DAC have VRM Heatsink at CPU1 or at least holes to mount one.
There is no holes from what I can see in the pic from one of the posts above.