(Taobao) DDR4 REG ECC 16G 2133P for 47$(320CNY)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

johndoe123

Apr 10, 2019
For buisness reasons I live close to China and I found taobao RAMs much cheaper than eBay.

Anyone had any experience buying RAM from Taobao?

【我在淘宝Lite发现了 现代镁光16GB 2RX4 PC4-2133P服务器内存条16G DDR4 REG ECC内存, 一起来看!】 https://m.tb.cn/h.e1l2EO3

Their RAMs seems to be this model;

GENERAL INFORMATION:
MANUFACTURER: MICRON
MANUFACTURER PART NUMBER: MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2
PRODUCT NAME: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM MEMORY MODULE

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
STORAGE CAPACITY: 16GB
MEMORY TECHNOLOGY: DDR4 SDRAM
NUMBER OF MODULES: 1 X 16GB
CHIPS ORGANIZATION: X4
BUS SPEED: 2133MHZ DDR4-2133/PC4-17000
DATA INTEGRITY CHECK: ECC
SIGNAL PROCESSING: REGISTERED
CAS LATENCY TIMINGS: CL15
FEATURES: DUAL RANK
VOLTAGE: 1.2V
UPGRADE TYPE: SYSTEM SPECIFIC

e97

Jun 3, 2015
I bought things from Taobao motherboards, PC water cooling components, camera modules, picoPSU, etc.. but never RAM or CPUs. There's a high chance of fakes and Intel has a specific Xeon C version for the Chinese market and I don't know what the specific differences are so I've never bought it.

You must talk to the seller first before placing an order. The picture and the description don't match so thats a red flag. You need to confirm the specs and everything and only then can you get Taobao protection I've never tried to use it, you may have to call in for that and if you don' speak Mandarin or have a friend who does, you're screwed.

If you are in China shipping is pretty fast, if your outside - you'll have to use their consolidated shipping services or a third party shipper.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah, sounds like another Chinese faker. The fakers make a lot of money off of the copycat market.

msg7086

May 2, 2017
Not necessary made by micron. Could be assembled by a random factory off the road.

Reactions: Samir