swooped up some 9202-16e cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chune

Oct 28, 2013
SAS 9202 16E Host Bus Adapter | eBay

i got two, im guessing another sth member got the other two =)

i think these will be going in my 2u lowprofile chassis, however it would be nice to source the full height brackets for these if anyone has any recommendations!

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
I had to make mine with a a dremmel it came out very nice. Those brackets are hard to find.

chune

Oct 28, 2013
man these things run HOT! Might need to figure out how to get a fan on one of these...

Patrick, im guessing you didn't see them because there was a very simple syntax difference between this listing and your saved ebay search- Or you were just busy rebuilding the forum =).

Im going to try passing through each sas controller to a different VM just for kicks. Too bad they dont make this in a low profile 8i8e configuration

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
man these things run HOT! Might need to figure out how to get a fan on one of these...

Patrick, im guessing you didn't see them because there was a very simple syntax difference between this listing and your saved ebay search- Or you were just busy rebuilding the forum =).
They are very hot. Two controllers and a PCIe switch chip.

Not sure if it was rebuilding as much as it is I got married and have been on the road since.