Switched and metered by outlet 120V PDU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Hello guys,
anyone knows of a good PDU that can monitor power by outlet and also switch on/off? There are lots of options that monitor power by PDU but more granular info would have been great.
I'd like to have a PDU to power and cycle 5 or so home appliance-type devices, like air filters, fans and humidifiers(and metered by outlet would be a great thing to reduce the amount of scripting, keeping me updated on when the water tanks empty).
I know I can script this around, and figure that out from total power consumption, controlling everything from one script but something already existing and being cheap on ebay or elsewhere now would be cool.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
RF may be an issue in japan. Also that particular one is for 60Hz i have 50 here. We have tp-link plugs here on amazon with model P105 and since i never owned one i'm not sure how you go about avoiding connecting the thing to the internet on initial setup. All in all though, it's gonna be 5 or more RF devices, which will be clients or APs?

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
I'm seeing some offers for used switched and metered(but not by outlet) APC PDU that's gonna be like under us$200 with shipping which is easier to set up, less glitches but a bit more scripting and more wires. Still seems like an easier approach than dealing with these little toys from china. That likely would not have approved RF license in japan. Because ubiquiti's long-range RF network extender doesn't either. MT too.