Switch Adapter for 9" switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hagensieker

Mar 28, 2023
I just upgraded a bunch of home network stuff to 2.5 GB and trying to tidy things up with a small rack (Mikrotik Solid Rack 10). I have a bunch of gear and IoT stuff that 1GB is fine for and finding an inexpensive managed switch that is 19" is easy.

Not so easy with 2.5 GB hardware.

I want to mount at a minimum an 8 port 2.5GB switch, which is about 9" long, in the rack but I can't find a suitable adapter plate to make it fit. I have 3D printers and can make one if necessary but can't even find anything for that either. The Mikrotik rack has no rear legs so I think a shelf is out of the question as well.

Ideally, I'd love a 19" 2.5GB managed switch but the pickings are slim and expensive.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions for adding the short switch in the rack?
IMG_0053.jpeg

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Anyone have any ideas or solutions for adding the short switch in the rack?
The simplest solution would be a tray/rackshelf like this one 1U Server Rack Cabinet Shelf 16in Deep - Rack Shelves | Server Rack Accessories | StarTech.com
The Mikrotik rack has no rear legs so I think a shelf is out of the question as well.
oO
how much does the 8port switch weigh?
My 24 port poe switch (icx 6450 24poe) with a big psu weights like 5Kg and mounted via rack ears without problems