Survey - what kind of pre-built home server would you like ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

inbouto

Sep 7, 2021
Hi
I'm looking to make custom pre-built home servers, and would like some guidance regarding what features would be most desirable.
I have made a quick survey and would love your input!

EDIT: I'm aware the form is closed, I can't take any more replies through it at this time, but feel free to let me know what you have in mind!

Last edited:

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
None. I think people who have home servers are usually quite capable of doing it themselves.

BlueLineSwinger

Mar 11, 2013
None. I think people who have home servers are usually quite capable of doing it themselves.
And anything else is already handled by the likes of Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. pre-configured and build-to-order. And also the home/SOHO NAS offerings from Synology, QNAP, etc. If OP is only looking to sell pre-built systems and somehow make a profit, I'd say there's little chance of that working out.

I'd say OP's only chance of making a go at this is to offer support contracts to local businesses and build systems as part of that. But I'd bet there are already at least a few in their area doing this, possibly set up to offer Supermicro BTO systems and/or Dell/etc.

Reactions: StevenDTX

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
There are some HUGE companies that do custom\refurbished hardware on a massive scale already but not for home but for SMB, and yes their real profit comes from support contracts, and license deals they wrap into their builds.