EXPIRED SuperServer 2028TP-HC0TR 4 Blade (1) E5-2620 V4 | 192GB MEM Each blade

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Yarik Dot

Apr 13, 2015

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
Yeah, looks like a good deal. Nice form factor, and the memory is probably worth more than what they're asking for the whole thing. It's even within driving range for me. Pity I don't have a use for it.

Reactions: Samir

yobigd20

Jul 8, 2016
I know's its sold out...but if it wasn't I prob would've bought them, as the price looks way to low for what it should be. I have this exact model already, so I'm having a hard time believing that this would contain all 4 blades each with 192GB ram...for $400 total? The price would make sense if only 1 blade was included. I paid ~$2000 for this last year.

Reactions: Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
It's a recycler so they may not know the value, hence great deal!
Or they just know that these are not easy to sell and dont do respeccing.

i recently bought a HP unit with across the nodes 1tb ddr4, 8x cpus, 4x sas3 hbas, 4x dual sfp+ and some drives for 800.
And that has been sitting for 3months before i bought it.

The 4node 2u stuff has almost no demand, the sellers that dont respec units and sell them as they are commonly sell them for about what the ram is worth or less.
And still they do not sell quickly.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
Or they just know that these are not easy to sell and dont do respeccing.

i recently bought a HP unit with across the nodes 1tb ddr4, 8x cpus, 4x sas3 hbas, 4x dual sfp+ and some drives for 800.
And that has been sitting for 3months before i bought it.

The 4node 2u stuff has almost no demand, the sellers that dont respec units and sell them as they are commonly sell them for about what the ram is worth or less.
And still they do not sell quickly.
What was the model so I search for it as usually it has to come back

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
What was the model so I search for it as usually it has to come back
The one i bought is a "hyper converged 250", its meant as a starter kit for HCI solution in 2U package.
Basicly its an apollo r2600 with 4x specced xl170r gen9 nodes, as CTO (with original apollo branding) they get dumped as low as 300$ in waves (often with 40/100g nics).

Under the "hyper converged" and "storeonce" series there are less of them but they come fully specced and priced all over the place.
Id assume its because its marketed as appliances more than servers with just preloaded ssds, so its a confusing item to price when they look it up.
+ its just such a low demand that you either dump it or get stuck with it.