Supermicro X9SCL and old BIOS or IPMI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SmokinJoe

Oct 31, 2020
Hi All,

Do all X9SCL's have IPMI? I know some have a dedicated port for IPMI and mine has the chip but it seems some dork may have put too new of BIOS on without upgrading the IPMI BMC firmware. Is there a FTP site with supermicro firmware, on SM I only see the current 23a and 22 version of firmware.

Thanks,
Joe

SmokinJoe

Oct 31, 2020
Thanks BlueFox. I actually have the date bug, when I move back to BIOS 2.0a the system boots and works correctly. I have yet to get into the IPMI settings and there is some argument that it might not have IPMI if there is no dedicated NIC. I know many vendors have shared mode on the IPMI and I think the chip is on the motherboard. There is no posting showing it in the boot screen but the analog port for the minitor seems slow to print events so I may have to find an old analog only monitor to see the IPMI setup.

Do you know if there is a dedicated hot key to get into the IMPI settings on supermicro X9 systems?

Here is the reference of the date bug : https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...boards-december-31-2020-bios-bug.31321/page-3

I have the new BIOS so I am going to test it.

The other thing I hate is that it has some short beeps at the start using bios 2.2 and 2.3a but they are so close it is very difficult to hear if it is 4-1 or 3-1. :-(

Thanks,
Joe

SmokinJoe

Oct 31, 2020
I see that from reading the manual, all the chips are on the board.... so there is no shared LOM like Dell has on the iDrac Express.