SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F - SR-IOV Support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

groove

Sep 21, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone know if the X9DRD-7LNF supports SR-IOV ? I am interested in testing Connectx-3 VF functions and would like to know if this motherboard would work.

I tried to look into the BIOS for enabling SR-IOV but I don't see that option. So I am assuming it does not. But wanted to check with the great community here if someone has any experience with this setup before looking for a new board.

Thanks in advance.

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
It probably supports SR-IOV but has different names for the components needed in the BIOS. Try enabling Intel VT and ASPM.

groove

Sep 21, 2011
Thanks for the replies. VT-D is surely there and it's enabled. I thought SR-IOV would be a separate option. I plan odefine Cx-3 Virtual Functions and assign them to VMs. I don't plan on using ESXi. I will be using Proxmox ve.

Mellanox recently released a new OFED version that includes support for Debian 10. I have managed to get NFS-RDMA going from Debian 10 to Solaris 11.3 (I know it's old, but it works) over Infiniband and am getting quite good (not staller but good enough) performance from that setup. So storage wise I am good.

The next step is to install Proxmox 6 on this setup and then install a CTX-3 Ethernet Pro card and share it's VFs across VMs. I sort of have this working in an older setup based on Proxmox 5. So would like to set up the same on Proxmox 6. My earlier board is a Tyan 7050 and it clearly had SR-IOV called out in the bios. But I did not see it listed in the X9DRD - hence the question.

Well, I guess I'll just give it a shot and see where I land.

Thanks again for the suggestions.