Supermicro X8DTT-F 4 Took Battery out now won't turn on

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

James2020

Oct 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to get a couple of these to work. At first I custom wired a PSU to work with the motherboards (which was turning the cpu fans on) but I was not getting any monitor output, then learning about the need for a bios update to work with the 5600 series processor I had. I purchased a 5500 CPU to be able to do this. I have also later purchased the official PSU and power distributor for the server to see if this would make a difference.

I then took the battery out and now no power is going to the board Although the blue LED which is the BMC starts to blink after sometime.

Apparently the BMC is like a life support indicator which lets you know the system is in good health, but I am still not getting it to turn on. Help please!! thanks

robertmaks

Feb 18, 2016
I know this won't be any help but I am also facing the same issue, the green LED blinks at 2 pulses per second telling me it's alive but that's it. I also re-pinned a psu as per the manual for the mobo and nothing when I short out the power on pin to ground. If I come up with anything Ill let you know.

If buying the official psu worked lemme know k. Thanks

Andrew911tt

Feb 18, 2016
Just stating the obvious, make sure there isn't "that one setting" in the BIOS that was not default before for you did all this work and now is keeping you from booting.