Supermicro X11SSQ-L w/G4560 & 8GB RAM - $99 Shipped (Ebay Offer)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
June 14, 2021 update: seller accepted $45 offer (plus $15 shipping…so $60 total).

Was watching at a higher "30% Off Sale Price" price ($104.30 + $15 shipping) because it looked interesting. Received an offer from the seller today for $98.44 shipped ($83.44 + $15 shipping). Don't need it right now, so I'm passing it on. I assume if they're willing to offer that to me, they'd take it from others? YMMV of course:

Supermicro X11SSQ-L-DE05B Embedded Intel G4560 chip plus 8gb 2400mhz ram 974575260957 | eBay

The board is from SM"s embedded computing line, so no Xeons or ECC . Its an "L" (Low Cost SKU) variant, so less on-board components (no sound & fewer onboard ports/connectors) than the "standard board" that STH reviewed, but I assume the core performance is the same:

https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-x11ssq-motherboard-review/

I got lower price offers today for another three items I was watching from this seller (minostechnology), so I guess they're wanting to move some inventory? I've bought from them before with no issues (and I'm not affiliated with them).

Last edited:

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
I just bought a brand new Supermicro CSE-846 chassis from them
No affiliation, but I've purchased from minostechnology a few times and have always had a great experience. They have also been generous with offers - at least compared to some of the other popular sellers.

Reactions: Almighty

tonkyhonk

Feb 3, 2021
this could make a nice quicksync box

the open-ended x1 and x4 could fit a 1030 or P1000?

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
I don't think the x1 is open-ended, but the x4 is as far as I can see. G4560 does have QuickSync support, though.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Update: Seller lowered the price to $59 (+ $15 shipping) but took an offer of $45 (+$15 shipping....so $60 shipped in the U.S.) without countering.

With prices going crazy right now, I thought it was a pretty good deal for an Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPU and 8GB of RAM, even if the CPU is only 2C/4T. Plus you get a stripped down Supermicro X11 board and CPU cooler as an added bonus!

As noted in posts above though: The board is from the "Low Cost" value line: no sound, no IPMI, no ECC. So, the use cases are more limited.

But what can you expect these days for $60 shipped?

ATM still 42 available.

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Update: Seller lowered the price to $59 (+ $15 shipping) but took an offer of $45 (+$15 shipping....so $60 shipped in the U.S.) without countering.

With prices going crazy right now, I thought it was a pretty good deal for an Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPU and 8GB of RAM, even if the CPU is only 2C/4T. Plus you get a stripped down Supermicro X11 board and CPU cooler as an added bonus!

As noted in posts above though: The board is from the "Low Cost" value line: no sound, no IPMI, no ECC. So, the use cases are more limited.

But what can you expect these days for $60 shipped?

ATM still 42 available.
This board actually does support ECC. I have 2133mhz 4gb ecc sticks in mine. crap, wrong board sorry.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Ugh, same! Just yesterday, I made a bunch of purchases that I have been pushing off :mad:
Well, wife and kids told me this morning that they are stumped for a Father’s Day gift, so can I just do them a favor and go buy myself something. So, maybe it’s time to go shopping?

Anybody know how loud the stock cooler is?
I’ll know more when I get it, but it looks to be a Cooljag DEN-7, which I know from experience isn’t bad at idle, but gets loud when it spins up (tops out at 51db per the spec sheet). It’s supposed to be rated for 65w and this CPU has a TDP of 54, so there’s a bit of headroom. I know I won’t be hitting this CPU super hard though, so I planned on setting the fan curve to “Optimal” , throwing a Noctua noise reducer on the cable, and crossing my fingers.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
For me, this is a good thing. :p
I'd hate for you to miss out ;) . So, I wanted to make sure you knew that they have more!

They originally had stock of these on two different, but as far as I could tell, identical listings. On one they lowered the price and the other they didn't. That one is still showing $99. But, if they were willing to take $45 +shipping for the same thing on another listing.......

This way you can still get yourself a half dozen....or 52.

Supermicro X11SSQ-L-DE05B Embedded Intel G4560 Chip plus 8GB 2400mhz RAM 974575260957 | eBay

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
ACK, doggoneit. :p

Gonna sleep on it. If this board had ipmi and dual NIc I'd be all over it but without these and no sound, Not so sure what I could use this for. A NAS maybe but I'd prefer EEC then. I just bought to of the itx boards I posted in another thread so I might sit this one out. Then again, maybe not.... :confused: