Supermicro X11SPM-TPF mATX Intel Xeon Scalable Motherboard Review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I have all ways been curious if what I read in the manual is correct and all 3 PCIe slots can be split x4/x4/x4/x4 ? (I guess just x4/x4 on the x8 slot)

This is more a general question is how accurate are the Supermicro manuals around this topic than this specific board because is is exactly and example of where the manual says 3 PCIe slots as x4/x4/x4/x4 when one of the slots is anyway only x8

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
@Patrick do you have this board and some optane nvdimms around?
The supermicro website states that this boards supports up to 1,5 tb of persisted memory/nvdimms but there is no information about nvdimms in the manual.

TonyKing

Jun 5, 2020
@Patrick Thankyou for the great work that STH is doing. I don't buy any hardware without searching STH first.

I also regularly check in on STH for tech trends & updates.

I almost purchased this Supermicro motherboard MBD-X11SPM-TF (& later the X11SPH-nCTF) the until I saw the ASROCK EPC621D6U-2T.

Asrock seems to have understood the need to reduce the sata cabling from the motherboard to the HDD backplane without the need for hardware RAID.

Will you be reviewing the ASROCK EPC621D6U-2T anytime soon?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hi @TonyKing I saw your main site comment.

Being transparent, it is pretty hard for us to get ASRR products to review. While ASRock is a big company, the ASRR division is much smaller. I have been to their offices in Taipei multiple times, we talk about products to review, maybe once a year we actually get a motherboard to review. I had to buy the X470 boards @WillTaillac is reviewing through a lucky eBay find. The EPC621D6U-2T costs more than the revenue we get from advertising per review so it is hard to buy one, then expend the resources to get it reviewed. I am 100% open to reviewing the motherboard, but it is hard for us to get one to review.

TonyKing

Jun 5, 2020
Hi @TonyKing I saw your main site comment.

Being transparent, it is pretty hard for us to get ASRR products to review. While ASRock is a big company, the ASRR division is much smaller. I have been to their offices in Taipei multiple times, we talk about products to review, maybe once a year we actually get a motherboard to review. I had to buy the X470 boards @WillTaillac is reviewing through a lucky eBay find. The EPC621D6U-2T costs more than the revenue we get from advertising per review so it is hard to buy one, then expend the resources to get it reviewed. I am 100% open to reviewing the motherboard, but it is hard for us to get one to review.
Thank you @Patrick.

I guess the limited Asrock supply might also explain the current pricing trends which, make the SuperMicro X11SPH-nCTF a much better buy.