Supermicro X11 Solutions for Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
From their presentation yesterday I was pleased to see the 20x slim hot-swap NVMe in 1U servers (Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 1U | 1029UZ-TN20R25M) and look forward to that type of chassis being more common - in particular having the NVMe direct-attached w/o PCIe switch(es) in the mix.

25G options on some of the motherboards and 100G (as EDR IB or Omnipath) in the new super blades are quite nice as well.

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
What I like about Supermicro is that they deliver high-quality products, but without all of the "Enterprise issues"; No extortion fees for IPMI, works with any spec-compliant 3rd party hardware.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
The total lineup is really great engineering work.
Yesterday i had a look at the new FatTwins and wondered how exactly 4x NVMe is done with the F629P3-RC0B and F629P3-RC1B as the 6-Port front backplane stayed nearly the same like on the F628 SKU's (it's now BPN-SAS3-F424-A6 and was BPN-SAS-F424-A6, not sure if there's a real difference).

Only the rear Backplane changed to BPN-SAS3-F424-A2N2A, that is obviously capable of handling SAS/SATA or NVMe.

Today it shows "+ 2 opt. NVMe" for the 4-Node SKU's, so that was obviously an error that is corrected now.
(google cache from yesterday still shows x4 NVMe)

Wonder if there will be an upgrade-path to new Board / Backplane for the F628 units, what would be nice.