Supermicro X11-SCL IF stuck at boot-process Code 2F

• Thread starter Deleted member 34910
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
D

Deleted member 34910

Hi,
I´ve recently built a server with the components listed below:
-Motherboard: Supermicro x11 SCL IF
-CPU: Intel Pentium 4560G
-M2: Corsair MP600
-RAM: 2x Kingston Server 8GB (KSM24ES8/8ME)

Unfortunately every time I want to boot it, the screen shows me: PEI--Intel MRC Execution ... 2F

I´ve been trying a lot of things to get it to boot correctly:
-Tried to boot it with only one RAM (try one and than the other in the corresponding slot)
-Update the BIOS (after I plugged the USB stick in, it showed no signs of access from the Server)
-I rebooted it a lot of times
-I waited for over 4h to see any reaction
-Checked, if the PINS in the CPU-Socket were damaged

This Blogpost: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-x11sch-f-hangs-a-t-boot-code-2f.23515/
mentioned, the error code is often related to a memory problem.

I tried to boot it with a Kingston 8GB Server RAM (KSM26ES8/8ME), but unfortunately
it still got stuck in the same Code.

Do you have any suggestion? Any similar experiences?

Thank you in advance.

lostmind

Jan 5, 2013
I have had the same problem but different x11 board and cpu. I contacted supermicro support and they got it sorted for me (turns out in my case, the ram model was 1 digit off, my old man eyes didn't notice and when my vendor shipped the correct ram, all was well).

D

Deleted member 34910

I have had the same problem but different x11 board and cpu. I contacted supermicro support and they got it sorted for me (turns out in my case, the ram model was 1 digit off, my old man eyes didn't notice and when my vendor shipped the correct ram, all was well).
It might be the best thing for me to contact the support.

The main reason why I haven´t contacted Supermicro up to this point is, because the server was a building proposal where I changed some parts.
Before that I tried to make sure, the new components are compartible with the motherboard.
The last RAM I tried, was exactly the same from the proposal and it didn´t boot.

I also tried the RAM-Troubleshooting (boot with no RAM) and the board made an error beep.

Can the Error Code 2F also mean, the CPU has a problem with the RAM ?