Supermicro X10SRL-F $205 OBO - $120 OBO accepted in qty

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Edit - 12/18/19. 6 available. a STH user cancelled their order and seller has created a new listing

SuperMicro X10SRL-F ATX Single Socket LGA2011 v3 DDR4 Motherboard X10

Edit - 12/14/19 All gone.

Edit - Seller increased price due to demand currently at $204 for a single board and $185 qty 2+ still OBO and that seems to be the way to go. Not really a deal IMO unless you can get OBO that works for you.

Now that the price of DDR4 really seems to be falling I have been planning to upgrade my lab to E5-2600 v3/v4 and was looking for low cost Supermicro server boards. I've been watching this auction for about a week.

I found this:

SuperMicro X10SRL-F ATX Single Socket LGA2011 v3 DDR4 Motherboard X10 qty 1 $174.23, qty 2+ $156.81 , OBO NOW qty 1 $205, qty 2+ $185 OBO

Seller has qty 25 20 at the time of this update.

I didn't low ball the OBO and went with $120 for 6 which to me was a pretty good deal and in my budget, the seller responded VERY FAST accepting my offer so I suspect that even in qty 1 you may be able to get this board for less than the qty 2+ price... YMMV.

does not come with IO bracket, which is Supermicro part # MCP-260-00042-0N.

The bracket is $7-$10 via the bay shipped or via the Supermicro eStore for the real deal with emi padding at $2.70 + shipping.

I have no affiliation with the seller but have purchased a couple of small things from them before.

EDIT: The ebay listing says they ship worldwide.

Last edited:

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
Nice. I love this board. Up to 5 x 8 slots at 3.0. ATX form factor. You can easily score 2x E5-2620V3 cpu's for like $30 bucks, so no problem finding a starter CPU to get this board running. If seller bites, I may upgrade my servers with these x10 boards. Listing is super popular, but I threw my hat in the ring for a couple. Will see how it goes.
This is single CPU board

just saying since you mentioned 2x E5-2620V3

Reactions: Samir

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
I have this board and haven't put it into service, however I do love my x9dr7-ln4f-jbod and x9drd-7ln4f-jbod although I may have to let one go...to make room in the rack

Iaroslav

Aug 23, 2017
Kyiv
Seller increased the price up to $204, but as well yesterday accepted $125 offer for a single board

wquade

Sep 9, 2016
Seller accepted $130 per board for a quantity of two for me (they didn't accept $120 or $125 each though).

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Nice. I love this board. Up to 5 x 8 slots at 3.0. ATX form factor. You can easily score 2x E5-2620V3 cpu's for like $30 bucks, so no problem finding a starter CPU to get this board running. If seller bites, I may upgrade my servers with these x10 boards. Listing is super popular, but I threw my hat in the ring for a couple. Will see how it goes.
I'm coming from using X9SRL-F with 2670v2 in my 4 nodes and a 50v2 in my dedicated FreeNAS box.

I did not realize that the 20v3's were so cheap now.

I'm using a 78v3 in my "cheap Chinese X99 motherboard" workstation and have been really pleased with the performance. I have a 73v3 in one I am building for a friend. I can use that to test out the motherboards. still watching to see if DDR4 will drop a bit more before the end of the year.

From reputable and have lots of quantity sellers:
the price on the 78's was 140 or so a month ago. It dropped to almost 110 and now its around 119...

the price per core on the 20's is attractive but I'm conservative on oversubscribing cores so I like higher core counts if I can afford it and I like the nodes to all have the same CPU.

still wavering on the CPU selection and I am open to suggestions and comments though this may not be the correct thread for it.

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Yeah, the seller might have gotten a bit greedy :p

Well, not really, but he sure does know it got popular. He doesnt want to accept anything below $175 now...you know, make a few sales, get some word around that he's accepting BO's, then boom!

No more discounts! Lol!
STH Effect. After I purchased mine the seller (or a representative) contacted me via email and asked me if I wanted to buy more and/or the rest of their stock... I offered less for a half dozen more, less for even more of the stock - never heard from them. Mostly I was trying to see how low they'd go... I think the STH effect was happening then so they figured they'd make more doing 1s and 2s.... Supply and demand - nothing wrong with that and I don't blame the seller.

If they stop selling the price will come back down.

I guess I could have purchased some and flipped them here but I'd want to test them, then I'd be handling warranty stuff for the next 30 days and that is NOT the business I am in and besides speculation buying on used motherboards? nahhh... not for me. The odd burn 'n flip on some HBA's is about all I'm willing to do.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
STH Effect. After I purchased mine the seller (or a representative) contacted me via email and asked me if I wanted to buy more and/or the rest of their stock... I offered less for a half dozen more, less for even more of the stock - never heard from them. Mostly I was trying to see how low they'd go... I think the STH effect was happening then so they figured they'd make more doing 1s and 2s.... Supply and demand - nothing wrong with that and I don't blame the seller.

If they stop selling the price will come back down.

I guess I could have purchased some and flipped them here but I'd want to test them, then I'd be handling warranty stuff for the next 30 days and that is NOT the business I am in and besides speculation buying on used motherboards? nahhh... not for me. The odd burn 'n flip on some HBA's is about all I'm willing to do.
Depending on the item(s) buying solely for the purposes of reselling is almost a full time job on its own... :D

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Yep. I'd rather push bits and build infrastructure using other people's money. If I'm really busy I won't spend any money on mine too! HA!

My rule on this (and would hope is similar to everyone else's) Not gonna post it till I use *or* if I am not going to use then let others have a go. Everything after me is YMMV. Those 400GB SAS3 drives had a pretty good run but S&D caught up. These motherboards not't as much - but not bad either for a short period.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Haven't decided yet if I'm going to use this as a workstation or a server. If a workstation it will go into a Fractal Design R4. If a server it will go in a Supermicro SC836. Maybe i should have ordered 2 and done both. :confused:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I use Silverstone GD09 HTPC cases. 14mm depth and side to side airflow.
Dude, thank you for posting this. I completely forgot about the SS HTPC cases...I say as I have one sitting in my living room lol. I think I have one of the ones that used the aluminum front before they started going to plastic.

I got some SuperMicro 514 chassis, that I thought were going to work extremely well for low foot print build, but, they just didn't work out the way I was hoping. So I was looking for some alternatives.

A handful of those cases would be perfect for my vSAN cluster.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
SM Server Chassis, 836 and 417. Planning to reuse the the same heatsinks. Replacing X9SRL-F's . I am using "cheap Chinese motherboard 2011v3" from SZMZIT aka Jingsha X99 for workstations.

Just for curiosity's sake does anyone know whether this motherboard suffers from the same Windows 10 Update / ME touch reboot problem as the 2011v1/v2 systems?

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Down to 3 left - 10 sold in last 24 hours!(?)
guessing they're back to making deals to clear the inventory.
Did someone from this community just buy 6 and another 2? I'm just curious is all and a purchase report might be helpful to another user as to whether a deal was to be had.